New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys some of you know I am a local history freak. I find it fascinating and most days wish live was as simple as it was 100 years ago. Born in the wrong time period. Anyway there is a guy on face book called SUSSEX COUNTY EXCURSIONS and he travels around and finds awesome historical sites and info and documents them and even give directions to the places. I have spoken with him and he's a good dude. Anyway click the link below and find the pics to a really cool old cave/Indian lodge, back in early 70s they got TONS of amazing artifacts from the place. My wife and I hiked there a few weeks ago to check it our and it's a very cool place. Can just sit there and imagine a hunting party leaving there to head to the Delaware for whatever critters they could come up with. It's off the road to thunder mountain up in walpack and super easy to find. Def worth the walk. Just thought I'd share.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=349959391850261&id=127516164094586

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He Really does. I love his posts. Especially because most stuff gets posts are from right in my own backyard. Very cool stuff.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hey guys some of you know I am a local history freak. I find it fascinating and most days wish live was as simple as it was 100 years ago. Born in the wrong time period. Anyway there is a guy on face book called SUSSEX COUNTY EXCURSIONS and he travels around and finds awesome historical sites and info and documents them and even give directions to the places. I have spoken with him and he's a good dude. Anyway click the link below and find the pics to a really cool old cave/Indian lodge, back in early 70s they got TONS of amazing artifacts from the place. My wife and I hiked there a few weeks ago to check it our and it's a very cool place. Can just sit there and imagine a hunting party leaving there to head to the Delaware for whatever critters they could come up with. It's off the road to thunder mountain up in walpack and super easy to find. Def worth the walk. Just thought I'd share.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=349959391850261&id=127516164094586
And while you're in the area, you might want to try the Walpack Inn for lunch or dinner. Have been there many times and the food, service, etc. has been outstanding.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's where I got married. My favorite place. We stay at the cabin there too sometimes to break up the winter doldrums. But yes. Bar is usually open by 1 and lunch about then too. But usually open only thurs through sunday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts