New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is it a good place to surf fish now in jersey? I figure its a little bit harder to catch strippers since the waters gotten a bit warmer. Are blues still hitting off the beach and if so where do you recomend?

Also is their a site that can show how hard the ocean currents hitting?

Last time i went to lbi a week ago i had damn near a pound of weight on and was still being dragged to shore.

·
Registered
331 Posts
rite now id say your best bet is fluke island beach and belmar are usually good but theres fish everywhere, just take a bucktail with a piece of squid or some other kind of strip bait and bounce it off the bottom, i do especially good around jettis, and keep a spoon ready in case blues pop up, also if kingfish are around theyre pretty easy to catch, just find a hole in the surf and throw a kingfish rig with some clam or squid on it out there

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You may want to consider changing your target species from Linesiders over to Fluke (for better action). [up] You can drag a basic fluke rig across the bottom and probaly connect with something that swims. Again....this is just for fun to put a bend in the rod and have some fun instead of bait and wait. [up] Good luck. [up]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.