New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who here surf fishes i fish ibsp most of the time in the fall but in the spring i will travel around to some of the early hot spots

·
Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
I'm a "boat" guy.:D

Never got into the surf.. I'm waiting patiently for the spring run to begin in Raritan bay..

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I am with JJoe i cant wait for the run to start in the bay.
I keep my boat in Keyport where do you launch out of Joe?

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Fished off my fathers boats for 40 years, he took ill and sold it. Still I fish Sandy Hook and LBI.Got a kayak for the Wife and I 2 years ago.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Started surf fishing a year ago and love it. I have only fished at the hook. Only 1 striper so far ( 36" ) and cant wait for the next one. Lets hook up when the stripers start running.[up]

·
3,413 Posts
i fish ibsp most of the time
My Pop LIVES on IBSP. My Mom & Pop retired down there about 2 years ago. You can't miss him on the beach, he drives a grey Silverado with "BUCKTAIL JOE" on his bug shield.

He's a one man wrecking crew, he pulls onto the beach and his truck is swarmed by guys wanting to buy lures from him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I fish the hook whenever I can. Can't wait for news that things are picking up. I'm 60 miles from the hook, so I count on news from other fishermen. [up]

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Iv'e been fishing off jersey for about 40 trs. My Dad always had a boat since I was 5>Started out in Belmar with a 28' and ended up in Leonardo's with a 40. He took ill a few years back and can no longer fish. Sold the boat and retired to a wheel chair, Worked his life away. But he fished at least twice a week. I miss the boat but still love surf fishing. Fish the hook mostly and LBI on vacations. Don't catch near as many from the beach as you do a boat, but hey it beats working. Trouble is when the stripers start inthe spring it's my busy season for work to sock money away for fall. And when it's the fall run I'm in a tree.:D:(

·
Registered
612 Posts
I stink at surf fishing down at the LBI jetty. For some reason I cannot catch squat
I'm with you Drag... never caught anything out of the surf... then again, I really didn't do my homework and was just goofin around.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Occasionally, I surf fish the Hook, and Long Branch, Deal, and Allenhurst NJ (last three are 5 - 15 mins. from my home)- usually do really well - Have been a "Jetty/Beach Rat" since I was 6 years old !!!

Most of the time though I'm either seasonal clamming in the Navesink/Shrewsbury Rivers (Nov. 31st - April 3oth), then open season clamming in Tuckerton on the weekends.

During the week after work each night, I'm usually out fishing or crabbing from my 16' Sylvan, my buddy's 21' Hydrosport, or my other buddy's 31'Scarab T-top fully rigged for inshore/offshore fishing.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
I have never surf fished before but would really like to try it.when do you guys want to go?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts