New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know a good place to go catch Stripers on the shore. I went out all day Sunday and didnt get a bite.

Also I just heard SeaSide just built a pier (like the keansburg pier) is there any teuth to this?

Thank You. ;)

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What beach is closest to you?
None really I live in the Middlesex/Piscataway area. So it is a drive to the closest beach. I usually go to Sandy hook but I need 2nd & 3rd options also.

where you located? north south or central jersey? lots of great places to catch stripers
Central Jersey

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Right now in the surf is being at the right place at the right time. With all the bunker around they feed for an hour then stop and move out to deep water. The south winds seem to be turning the bass on because it pushes the bunker pods close to the beach and roughens the surf which confuses the bunker. The other day we had them in Bayhead and Mantoloking for an all out blitz for two hours. Fish were from #20 to #50+ snagging bunker

·
Registered
159 Posts
Island Beach State Park is always good. I always go to Long Beach Island and there is plenty of good fishing there. Really just find a beach anywhere and you'll be fine. Though the season is winding down and I don't know how much longer these bass will be around.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Union Beach, just dont jump the creek at low tide unless you want to swim back. Especially in December[eyeroll]

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The rip at Sandy Hook either at dusk or before 7am when the boat traffic and sun puts them down.
im pretty sure the rip is closed off right now for the piping plovers...as is a lot of Sandy hook, for atleast the next two months...[wallmad]

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
Did anyone ever fish there and if so how was it?
fished a lot there, good fishing got stripers, fluke, and lots of croakers when they come in ,, havent been there yet this year,,,

keansburg pier is ok at best ,,, union beach cliffwood, morgan they all produce but you got to watchy the tides cause low tide u can walk for miles and still be in 1 foot of water,,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts