New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think this couldn't happen here! There are people thinking of ways to take away our great tradition as you read this post! Get involved and stay involved! This site makes it easy for your voice to be heard! Read this scary article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6983099/

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just went to that website and my computer froze. Not something I need. Hunting is not a sport, but an excersise in predation where we replace those predators that our forbearers removed to keep the animal rights people safe. As long as we call it sport, it is indefensible. Football, golf? are sports.

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I will agree we need to be carefull how we word things around non-hunters and anti's but I don't agree that hunting is not a sport. Sport (noun) A source of diversion: Recreation, a physical activity engaged in for pleasure. Thats a part of what hunting is to me. Sure I'd like to tell the world I'm doing a job by hunting. I'm only out there to help keep the animal numbers in check because there isn't enough natural predators around. If I did say that nonhunters and the anti's would know I'm full of crap trying to win them over. The effects of hunting are positive on the species as a whole. By keeping the numbers to a point that nature can support we are helping out but thats not why I hunt. It's just a very positive side effect of this sport. I hunt because I love being a part of nature! I love the challenge of harvesting the animal. I love eating food I've taken from nature myself the way nature intended me to do. I love bonding with family and friends in the pursuit of the animals. I love getting away from the very un-natural world we live and work in on a daily basis to clear my head. It's a great diversion from every day stress. It is a healthy physical activity I take great pleasure in doing. It is a sport I love and am proud to be a part of. I plan on passing this great tradition on to my children and introducing as many other people to it as I can. It is a great way of life!

·
3,413 Posts
"I hear ya swamprat. I like to use the term "conservationist" around people who do not hunt or do not know anything about hunting."

Dragthor has it right. Hunters and Anglers were the first conservationists, promoting the protecting of wildlife and habitat.

The earth Day crowd didn't even show up 'till 1971, just think how many years before Teddy Rosevelt had preserved Yellowstone.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The day firearms and hunting are outlawed in the US is the day I become an outlaw. And I'll teach my children to feel the same. There is no doubt that the numerically superior urban-centric people want to take away our rural pursuits. So much for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness when the liberals legislate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts