New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my chili started for the Superbowl tomorrow. Starting it today lets the flavors blend overnight.[tasty].

KEN'S FOUR BEAN VENISON CHILI

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground venison
2 bell peppers, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
chili powder to taste
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 40 0z can red kidney beans and 1 each 19 0z can of dark red kidney, Cannelloni, and black bean
1 jar of pepperocini peppers stems removed and chopped.

Directions:

In a large dutch oven brown the venison with the garlic, peppers and onions. When the meat is almost brown add the cumin, cinnamon and 3 tbsps chili pepper, stir to combine. Next add the beans and simmer for 20 minutes and taste. Add more chili pepper till desired taste is achieved. Add the pepperoncini and let simmer covered on the stove stirring occationally. I serve it with Sam Adams, Jalapeno corn bread and some shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Sweet. Looks awesome! [up]

·
Registered
10,661 Posts

Wow... Yours looks way better than mine does. I may have to add some different colored beans to upgrade to a chili like yours bowhunter444 [up]

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I use ground meat, but also at least a pound of smalll-cubed stew meat too. [up]

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
i do almost same exact recipe but i add few cans of diced fire roated tomatoes gives it good taste also a can or 2 of corn and half a jalapeno,,, [tasty]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Mine is very similar also, but I add corn to just about anything that I can, so mine would also have corn in it :) Looks delicious Ken [tasty]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts