New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried baiting with these. You can buy them in bulk for baseball teams. A 5 gallon bucket for about $10

It seems to me with all the salt they should work well.

·
11,226 Posts
I never baited with them before but I was doing some work in a house in Chester once and I left the garage door open while I was in the house. When I came back out about a half hour later there was a doe in the garage eating out of a bag of sunflower seeds the home owner would put out for the squirrels!
The lady had asked me before she left for work to make sure I close the garage door after I was done bringing in my equipment. She said she didn't want the deer coming into the house. I thought she was a little wacky and just said ok no problem even though I was thinking, yeah I'm sure DEER are going to run right into your house if you leave the door open! Needless to say I felt pretty stupid after that little episode!!! Thank god I got the mess cleaned up before she got back! LOL![smirk] There was a second doe just outside the garage that I'm sure was on it's way in for the seeds as well!! Lesson learned! To answer your question now that I rambled on too long is yes, deer like sunflower seeds!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts