New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I know a die hard hunter that says he wont be hunting Sunday either, says its family time.

I will be. Admittedly, it will be strange at first, but I think Ill get used to it.

My landowner is happy to have Sunday hunting. Deer cost him money, and hunters are free population control.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
I can't hunt during the week to often so it will be nice to have that option. I may be hunting on Sunday;)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I can't hunt during the week so I will be hunting Sundays. Probabably won't hunt Saturday and Sunday until the extended season. Need some family time.

This year will give me a chance to do some duck and small game hunting. I usually never sacrifice my deer hunting time to hunt anything else. Now that I have the option to hunt deer on Sundays I can duck or small game hunt on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I will hunt Sundays when conditions are right. It doesn't really affect family time for me, since hunting is part of family time in my house[up]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
since i am a college student and i go to school during the week and am an hour + away from my stands the sunday bow hunting has opened up tons of more hunting time for me. I can now come home friday after class and hunt. all saturday and sunday, instead of just saturday. i will make the permits well worth the money for me. [up]

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Not here. I have other things to do on Sundays, mainly with family. Now if it was open to all hunting I would likely have taken the flintlock out for an occassional short walk early Sunday morning's or late afternoon's for squirrel either by myself or with family. I like to deer hunt Saturday mornings while the air is cool and crisp, this way I don't kill the entire day in a tree and get to spend time with family and friends in the afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
I always hunt all day Saturday. We tend to start shooting some ducks and geese Saturday mornings
same here..this will def give me some balance between seasons

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
i think the real fly in the ointment is deer check in. if you have work or school on monday and you can't get the deer checked in sunday, it presents a real problem. if i had off from work on monday, then i might go sunday afternoon....

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.