New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I see the Division still can't get their story straight.

The survey says this, from page
LEGAL AGE FOR CROSSBOW USE
► Participants were asked what age group(s) should be legal for crossbow use. The
majority of all respondents chose age “17 and older” (23%); the second favored
response was “all ages” (17%).
So, only 17 percent supported everyone, according to the survey, and even if you add the two most popular repsonses together, you still only get 40 percent for something that is close to everyone, when combined. But the article states this false information STILL...
In 2007, the state surveyed its hunters, and 73 percent said they favored allowing crossbows for everyone.
If the case is really that good for this weapon to replace the bow season, why are they still not telling the truth? Why not just be honest if you have a good case?

Larry and those at the Division who stick to this tactic of misinformation are doing nothing but destroying the credibility of the Division, and their own credibility as well. [down]

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
and help younger kids get started
[down]

The
majority of all respondents chose age “17 and older
[up]

They regulate the Hell out of everything else in NJ, but you don't have to go to training to hunt with a Crossbow?? [confused] Cant wait to read about the first idiot that hurts himself or someone else. I bet will be reading something before September ends.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Their going to ram xbows down your throat no matter what any survey says. At the Sussex county fair in the divisions booth they had a little xbow section where anyone 10 or older could go and shoot an xbow, some kiddie type, just to push the public cattles opinion towards their agenda. It was a joke. Most of the men that went to the booth during the 10 minutes I was there bashed it with no serious response from anyone working the booth. They just ignored the remarks and kept on about their agenda.

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
"If it puts more people in the field, then that's good," said Larry Herrighty, assistant director of the state Division of Fish and Wildlife. "This isn't just a recreational issue; it's a deer management issue."
its not about management anymore once again he's a liar

Ed Markowski, the vice president of the New Jersey Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs, said the organization lobbied hard to expand the use of crossbows.

[eyeroll][eyeroll] wonder why he lobbied? oh yeah thats right guns in archery season once the bow season is shortened because of the federation crying they are shooting all our bucks[cry][cry][cry]

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
"We like to call them a 'cross gun,' " said Paul E. Campbell, a Garfield resident who is the regional representative of the United Bow Hunters of New Jersey. "A crossbow is cocked, loaded and ready to go. A regular bow isn't ready until you draw the arrow."
I liked to say I never said "WE" I said "SOME" like to call it a Cross-Gun as it has more characteristics inline with a Gun style weapon then that of a Bow, a crossbow is cocked, loaded and ready to go. a regular bow isn't ready until you draw the arrow [eyeroll] But other then that it's not a bad article ;)

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
There is no doubt that crossbows are to improve hunter numbers and boost income. This quote in The Record says it all. I still say hunters should applaud the effort to renew interest in hunting:

Herrighty said the decline in the ranks of bow hunters has been noticeable. Fifteen years ago, the Division of Fish and Wildlife sold about 50,000 bow hunting permits a year; last year, that figure was down to about 35,000, he said.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
WRONG you have to take a hunters safety course and pass a test just like with any bow
Wrong. If you already hold an Archery Hunters Ed card you need nothing else and need no additional training. The article says exactly that.

Lies Lies Lies just continue from the pro crossbow crowd. [down]

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I see some guys just cant let go
So you think it's okay that they continue to put out false information, and jeapordize the reputation and credibility of the Division, to justify the crossbow change?
Sorry, I would prefer honesty from the people we are supposed to trust with wildlife management. Unfortunately, we just can't seem to get much of that.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Pro Crossbow I am aganist cross bows what are you talking about
[confused]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.