New Jersey Hunters banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts
I would venture to say a great many things seem simple to people who refuse to acknowledge what makes them complex....what's kind of puzzling is after hundreds of pages and dozens of threads you still don't get the concept of 60 = 60....again for God only knows how many times we do not "lose" days we lose "length"which in general will minimize the opportunities a different species of birds....and again for God only knows how many times,this is but one of the many issues that we have with Sunday waterfowl and it's not even the strongest issue...

again for God only knows how many times, I as well as many others do not want a conglomerate of non-waterfowlers making decisions on my/our waterfowl season...and that my friend is really that simple.

If Deer Hunters want to continue to miss manage their resource and by the looks and sounds of it that's exactly what's happening in many zones by all means go ahead.... I simply think they are monetizing your greed and lack of self-control ....

The simple fact that the hunting community is divided (at what ever percentage) on this issue is exactly why it will go nowhere.... And it won't be the hunting community that decides whether this bill succeeds or fails it will be the nonhunting outdoor community because they are not divided ....and they will ensure its failure and I don't care how or why it fails... just as long as it fails...."The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

and as it stands right now because you refused to let our waterfowlers be autonomous....you have forcibly pitted "us" against "you"....you have forcibly make yourselves our "enemy"
OK, I stand corrected. One big issue for those against is not loss of # of days but loss of "length" of season. Either way, those against cite conservation & protection of the resource as their primary reasons for being against Sunday hunting yet a big issue for them is loss of days. How do you not see that those statements contradict each other?? My interpretation is that conservation & protection of resource sound great & are excuses used to portray those against Sunday hunting as true conservationists rather than stating the real reason they are against, which is loss of length of season, which doesn't sound so great at all.

again for God only knows how many times, I as well as many others do not want a conglomerate of non-deer & small game hunters making decisions on my/our deer /small game season...and that my friend is really that simple.

I would venture to say a great many things seem simple to people who refuse to acknowledge what makes them complex....what's kind of puzzling is after hundreds of pages and dozens of threads you still don't get the concept that Sunday hunting does not equal decimation of species. There is no bill to increase the limit on deer, no one says you have to kill every legal deer you see, I set an 8 pt or better self imposed limit & pass numerous bucks up every years, I will likely not hunt some Saturdays since I can hunt Sunday, etc, etc. To brand those in favor of hunting Sunday as greedy & lacking self-control in support of a archaic blue law is absurd....

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"...wow, I don't know where to start. It's sad you view those in favor as enemies, I certainly don't. Aligning yourself with anti-hunt groups is incredibly short sighted & unwise & will surely backfire on you in the end. If all hunters had that philosophy, waterfowlers would no longer be hunting in many heavily populated areas because they are a relatively small group that alone would never gather sufficient political clout to defeat some of the recent attempts to ban waterfowl hunting. How quickly some forget those who helped them along the way...

I have no problem whatsoever with waterfowlers being autonomous in regard to Sunday hunting & still regard most waterfowlers as one of us & not the enemy...although a vocal minority of them who side with anti-hunting groups to achieve their goal on this issue without realizing how badly they hurt themselves & their cause in the long run does result in me permanently grouping them in with their anti-hunting cohorts on future issues...

If the vast majority of waterfowlers are truly against sunday hunting, the there should be no real reason to block it for deer & small game guys. A self imposed moratorium on sunday waterfowl hunting would stop the vast majority from going out. & if conservation of resource were truly the objective rather than the excuse, any resulting loss of legnth of season would be a small sacrifice to further the goal of protecting the resource

Please explain to me how "non hunting outdoor enthusiast groups" are inherently anti-hunters ??? I know several special interest groups whose members are NOT anti-hunters yet don't support Sunday hunting... Horseback kayakers mountain bikers Sportfishing and so on ...Many of their members are non-hunters but are also not anti-hunting perhaps some of them might be.... Using your logic not supporting Sunday hunting makes you an anti-hunter so the waterfowlers that don't support anti-hunting are in fact anti-hunters ???that doesn't even make any sense Greg...i've actually had 2 farmers say to me that they would seriously consider limiting or even not allowing hunting if Sunday hunting was allowed...basically they told me they have no problem with us doing our thing couple times during the week or every Saturday...but they like having a "quiet Sunday"

furthermore, no one is "aligning" themselves with anyone.... The only thing we are doing is NOT aligning ourselves with YOU. Myself and many others are going to soundly rely on our belief that these "other" groups are much stronger than you and will give us our means to an end ...

what is silly is I AM all but certain this bill is going nowhereM, it has ZERO support where it ACTUALLY needs itand it doesn't look like it's going to get it anytime soon...

Please explain to me how "non hunting outdoor enthusiast groups" are inherently anti-hunters ??? I know several special interest groups whose members are NOT anti-hunters yet don't support Sunday hunting... Horseback kayakers mountain bikers Sportfishing and so on ...Many of their members are non-hunters but are also not anti-hunting perhaps some of them might be.... Using your logic not supporting Sunday hunting makes you an anti-hunter so the waterfowlers that don't support anti-hunting are in fact anti-hunters ???that doesn't even make any sense Greg...i've actually had 2 farmers say to me that they would seriously consider limiting or even not allowing hunting if Sunday hunting was allowed...basically they told me they have no problem with us doing our thing couple times during the week or every Saturday...but they like having a "quiet Sunday"

furthermore, no one is "aligning" themselves with anyone.... The only thing we are doing is NOT aligning ourselves with YOU. Myself and many others are going to soundly rely on our belief that these "other" groups are much stronger than you and will give us our means to an end ...

what is silly is I AM all but certain this bill is going nowhereM, it has ZERO support where it ACTUALLY needs itand it doesn't look like it's going to get it anytime soon...
Do u think it possible those farmers felt it easier to agree with u than get in a debate? Wouldnt them simply saying no sunday hunting on my farm make a whole lot more sense??

Debate/argue with me??? first of all I'm in no position to argue or debate anything with anyone that allows me to hunt THEIR property...secondly, they didn't really know the extent of my position on the subject...I Mean they knew I wasn't supportive of it... Third they DO allow Sunday hunting on the property, bow....these properties happened to be two properties I do not have sole permission on, and the remark was made more in towards Shotgun muzzleloader hunting.... And these two farmer /landowners are certainly not anti-hunters ...

And just to be clear Greg, I am in no way making up any stories just to support my position...in fact I just found out last night that a friend of mine also has had landowners make the same or similar remarks...

Reactions: tika270
Couple of the owners of the farms I hunt have said the same. My lease owner told me not to come on Sundays. All of these farmers consider me a friend. And the lease, although it could be said is simply about money for the farmer, has been in the family for over 50 years. Third generation on both ends.

I had thought we beat this to death already. But....just to be clear Greg, I have already contacted all my representitives in both houses as well as the Game council, DU, NJ waterfowlers and have urged all my friends that gun ducks to do the same.

As we said in the last thread, we do not oppose Sunday hunting for anyother game.....just not ducks.

So I am to gather that you are either very slow or very stupid Greg. You sidestep questions, you spout nonsense and you misquote. Plain and simple....you seem like a snake in the grass.

Given the people who need to be convinced are Democrats, the pro-Sunday hunting crowd should approach this from a liberal perspective to market it directly to those politicians for their votes.

Emphasize the fact that "no Sunday hunting" is a "Religious Law" that has no business in a modern society. From a marketing perspective, repeat the phrase "Religious Law" constantly, as liberals will have a visceral reaction to that. You might even be able to peel off some normally anti-hunting Democrats that way.

Couple of the owners of the farms I hunt have said the same. My lease owner told me not to come on Sundays. All of these farmers consider me a friend. And the lease, although it could be said is simply about money for the farmer, has been in the family for over 50 years. Third generation on both ends.

I had thought we beat this to death already. But....just to be clear Greg, I have already contacted all my representitives in both houses as well as the Game council, DU, NJ waterfowlers and have urged all my friends that gun ducks to do the same.

As we said in the last thread, we do not oppose Sunday hunting for anyother game.....just not ducks.

So I am to gather that you are either very slow or very stupid Greg. You sidestep questions, you spout nonsense and you misquote. Plain and simple....you seem like a snake in the grass.
In your first paragraph, you say your leased farms don't want Sunday hunting. That's their personal choice & you'd be a fool not to abide by it. In your next paragraph, you tell us how you've made efforts to block Sunday hunting statewide for all species everywhere by everyone. Your third paragraph then contradicts the second by saying you "do not oppose Sunday hunting for any other game...just not ducks". Then you dare to to call me very slow or very stupid & add some more insults for good measure. Hmmm..you obviously are too much of a moron to see that your second paragraph contradicts your third paragraph. I also clearly see that you are a sour grapes type POS who feels it justified to attempt to block everyone from hunting Sunday just because your farmers won't allow it. Whatta dbag move that is!! Then you show your true intellect (chuckle) & ability to converse like an adult by resorting to personal insults & calling me a snake in the grass. So I gather,plain & simple, with all due respect...you seem like an one-tooth, idgit, knucklehead, sawed-off POS, fool who doesn't know his ass from his elbow & are just too ignorant to realize what a jerk you are. Why don't you save your family, your community, your friend (probably some other puddinghead if you have any at all) further embarrassment & go back to the many meadows in Burlington & crawl back under the rock you came from? Obviously, A-5 stands for asshole multiplied 5 times.

In your first paragraph, you say your leased farms don't want Sunday hunting. That's their personal choice & you'd be a fool not to abide by it. In your next paragraph, you tell us how you've made efforts to block Sunday hunting statewide for all species everywhere by everyone.Again Greg.....you misconstrue. No where does it contradict. I never state "all species everywhere by everyone".

Your third paragraph then contradicts the second by saying you "do not oppose Sunday hunting for any other game...just not ducks". It is here I clearly state my position

Then you dare to to call me very slow or very stupid & add some more insults for good measure. I stand by my first assessment Hmmm..you obviously are too much of a moron to see that your second paragraph contradicts your third paragraph. I also clearly see that you are a sour grapes type POS who feels it justified to attempt to block everyone from hunting Sunday just because your farmers won't allow it. Whatta dbag move that is!! Then you show your true intellect (chuckle) & ability to converse like an adult by resorting to personal insults & calling me a snake in the grass. So I gather,plain & simple, with all due respect...you seem like an one-tooth, idgit, knucklehead, sawed-off POS, fool who doesn't know his ass from his elbow & are just too ignorant to realize what a jerk you are. Why don't you save your family, your community, your friend (probably some other puddinghead if you have any at all) further embarrassment & go back to the many meadows in Burlington & crawl back under the rock you came from? Obviously, A-5 stands for asshole multiplied 5 times.
Again, I stand by my first assessment. You seem to have an agenda that was never addressed in the first thread about this. You also seem to have some anger issues as you can't take what you dish out. Further, just what is the issue you are pushing? Clearly several here have voiced an opposing viewpoint, yet maintain that a compromise of general Sunday hunting has some merit. Just not for waterfowl. Are we then your enemy? It would seem so, that we are. Hence, snake in the grass.

Again, I stand by my first assessment. You seem to have an agenda that was never addressed in the first thread about this. You also seem to have some anger issues as you can't take what you dish out. Further, just what is the issue you are pushing? Clearly several here have voiced an opposing viewpoint, yet maintain that a compromise of general Sunday hunting has some merit. Just not for waterfowl. Are we then your enemy? It would seem so, that we are. Hence, snake in the grass.
U commented again so would it b reasonable for me to say you seem to also have an agenda that wasnt addressed in the first one?? I dont recall evrr dishing out any insults to u or anyone else that didnt start in with thst crap. I say you seem to have anger issues. Did u forgrt that u dished it outfirst? As far as viewing those with opposing viewpoints as the enemy, that was dueces viewpoint, not mine. I also feel that is wrong. Read my comment on that & u will c. Now yourr talking compromise but before it was not the message u put across imo.

Given the people who need to be convinced are Democrats, the pro-Sunday hunting crowd should approach this from a liberal perspective to market it directly to those politicians for their votes.

Emphasize the fact that "no Sunday hunting" is a "Religious Law" that has no business in a modern society. From a marketing perspective, repeat the phrase "Religious Law" constantly, as liberals will have a visceral reaction to that. You might even be able to peel off some normally anti-hunting Democrats that way.
I must ask after your series of posts in this thread. Why do you have such an issue with people who are religious or believe in the bible.

Just so you know. People like that are who founded this country and made it great in the first place.

Remember this gem
I c nothing wrong with what he said. If someones religious belief doesnt allow them to hunt or whatever on Sunday, that is fine by me until they attempt to impose those beliefs on me, then i got a big problem with that & them. The founding fathers also gave lip service to freedom of religion & undoing those blue laws rights a wrong imo

So then Greg, we should abolish any church related celebrations we currently recognize? Christmas comes to mind.....guess Easter is out too?

I will ask you, as was asked in the last thread about this fine subject......Why all the animosity?
I realize most of you deer hunters are antisocial types that only hunt alone, hate anyone within a square mile of your stand, but really Greg, is your condition that bad? You don't even verbally spare very well. I would think with all that time by yourself, you would have a better thought process.
Us duck hunters like people.....well....most people. Ball busting is part of the sport. We actually like sharing the experience.
I will speak for the other gunners on here.....WE DO NOT OPPOSE SUNDAY HUNTING FOR GAME>>>JUST NOT DUCKS.
Read that slowly and several times so you understand Greg.

SO.....what is you agenda? Why is it all or nothing? Should I contact everyone again who will have a say in this and tell them I changed my position and now support NO HUNTING at all on the Lords day?

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.