·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is status on this? Still need additional sponsors to move forward?
Greg,

Off course the bill needs additional legislators to sign on as cosponsors. The way to achieve this is by pushing our petition and individually contacting lawmakers and policy makers..... You know what to do... Can you get out to any national Hunting and Fishing Day events with the petition and/or a laptop? Did you read our national Hunting and Fishing Day Strategic Plan?

·
Banned
5,004 Posts
I like where they're going with this:

His thesis examined the potential for changes in Sunday hunting policy to provide increased funding for state wildlife management agencies throughout the region.
In order to conquer the Democrat and his/her vote, you have to learn to think like a Democrat. And there's nothing Democrats love more than increased money for government.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
You again!!!!

You are like the herpes of the NJH forum. Every time we think you are gone you show back up to irritate and cause emotional distress to everyone. Maybe you wouldn't piss so many people off here if you actually contributed something other than only posting about bringing Sunday hunting to NJ. You should do us all a favor and go sell your bs somewhere else.

·
Banned
5,004 Posts
You again!!!!

You are like the herpes of the NJH forum. Every time we think you are gone you show back up to irritate and cause emotional distress to everyone. Maybe you wouldn't piss so many people off here if you actually contributed something other than only posting about bringing Sunday hunting to NJ. You should do us all a favor and go sell your bs somewhere else.
Huh?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Mike Rossi was the guy who kept getting everyone fired up in late winter/early spring and kept starting threads that were only about bringing Sunday hunting to nj. A large group of NJH members almost got a lynch mob together to track him down.

Do a search and you will see what I'm taking about? Sunday hunting is pretty much all this guy posts about.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
In addition he lives in NY and has no real vested interest in this state other than he occasionally hunts here. He does it all to gain support for his pet projects in NY (dove hunting). In addition he made blatant bold faced lies about the facts of Sunday hunting in regards to waterfowl hunting and then when he was asked (repeatedly) by several forum members to explain himself he would just start a new thread about the subject and not answer the questions. (And greg I'm not talking about the pressure snd other subjects we discussed at length in regards to the quality of hunting)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gomez,

We have a petition going for this. There is also a website and a face book page. By the way, in the past year, North Carolina and Connecticut have made significant progress in their Sunday Hunting initiatives. Those states have passed bills and they are being tweaked and will soon be signed into law. Pennsylvania now has the support of the NRA for their Sunday Hunting initiative. I don't have the time or the patience for a pissing contest with lightweights, if you want anymore info contact us through our website, your IP address will be recorded, that way we can go after the sewage. Here is the link to our website:
New Jersey Sunday Hunting for All - Home

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
In addition he lives in NY and has no real vested interest in this state other than he occasionally hunts here. He does it all to gain support for his pet projects in NY (dove hunting). In addition he made blatant bold faced lies about the facts of Sunday hunting in regards to waterfowl hunting and then when he was asked (repeatedly) by several forum members to explain himself he would just start a new thread about the subject and not answer the questions. (And greg I'm not talking about the pressure snd other subjects we discussed at length in regards to the quality of hunting)
I suggest anyone upset by his posts ignore them. I would like to hear updates on the situation. Every now & then. No new info here but cant blame the guy for posting his pet project. Calling him a njh herpes is extreme& smacks of attempting to shut down conversation on the subject on njh . Who cares if he is from nys? Since when are we so xenophobic we dont tolerate posts by out of state guys?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Mike Rossi was the guy who kept getting everyone fired up in late winter/early spring and kept starting threads that were only about bringing Sunday hunting to nj. A large group of NJH members almost got a lynch mob together to track him down.

Do a search and you will see what I'm taking about? Sunday hunting is pretty much all this guy posts about.
More accurate to say a couple of njh guys ganged up on him mercilessly because they disagreed with him. The majority are in favor on njh as the poll proved...nice spin attempt but the truth gets in the way

·
Banned
5,004 Posts
Gomez,

We have a petition going for this. There is also a website and a face book page. By the way, in the past year, North Carolina and Connecticut have made significant progress in their Sunday Hunting initiatives. Those states have passed bills and they are being tweaked and will soon be signed into law. Pennsylvania now has the support of the NRA for their Sunday Hunting initiative.

You're preaching to the choir (for the most part). The vast majority of hunters are in favor of Sunday hunting.

·
Banned
5,004 Posts
More accurate to say a couple of njh guys ganged up on him mercilessly because they disagreed with him. The majority are in favor on njh as the poll proved...nice spin attempt but the truth gets in the way
I don't know the "history" here with the poster, but it is true that polls show an impressive majority of hunters (both NJ and ex-NJ) favor Sunday hunting. My "huh" comment was due to the fact I didn't understand why the OP was so savagely attacked.

Anyway, hunting as a sport and hobby will continue to decline in the states that don't allow it on Sunday. It's kindof tough to become a swimmer if you can rarely ever get in the water.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I don't know the "history" here with the poster, but it is true that polls show an impressive majority of hunters (both NJ and ex-NJ) favor Sunday hunting. My "huh" comment was due to the fact I didn't understand why the OP was so savagely attacked.

Anyway, hunting as a sport and hobby will continue to decline in the states that don't allow it on Sunday. It's kindof tough to become a swimmer if you can rarely ever get in the water.
He was attacked by a vocal minority attempting to sway the opinion of the majority with personal attacks...a classic spin technique that some fall for...as far as him telling numerous lies, it would be more accurate to say they disagreed with him, the difference being that Mike didn't stoop to calling them liars

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Dove hunting still sucks....... The only thing that sucks more is dove Hunting on Sundays. I do disagree and never called Mr. Rossi liar. Not gonna get into it with you Greg...... We have actually been playing nice. lol They can fight for it but we will fight 10xs harder. See the problem is his poll shows that an " impressive majority of hunters" favor Sunday hunting. Who is this impressive majority of hunters that have been polled? I belong to the Big three in waterfowl groups consisting of over 1000 licensed hunters and have yet to find one that has been polled. I also have yet to find a Sportsman's Federation member who has been officially polled, And yet none of the 49 members of my bow and gun club have been polled, Lets add to the mix another 412 members of my trout club that have never been polled?? This my friend might be where the Liar part comes in........ Know also please keep in mind that the petition to ban Sunday hunting will not just bear the names of the "impressive majority of hunters" It will contain the real majority of sportsmen and women. Yes there is a big difference between a nimrod hunter and a true conversationalist sportsman. See the petition and campaign that will be launched against Sunday hunting will be a truly impressive amount of sportsmen and woman ( Just ask states like Pennsylvania), It will also bear the names of Mountain Bikers and Hikers, Bird Watchers, and Naturalists, Home Owners of rural properties, Farmers that still believe in family and God, It will have the backing of state agencies that do not have to pay for overtime enforcement, It will contain the prominent names of business men that make a living off the hunting industries in NJ because they will be truly educated that such a bill will put them out of business in 5 years once the game we pursue is gone. So that's ok fellas please count on that Mass Majority of Hunters and I will count on the Mass Majority of the state Both Sportsmen and Non Hunters alike. I will see you all after the final bell, We can shake hands I will even buy you a drink and you can captivate me with stories on sitting in 80 degree heat in a NY hedgerow blasting doves from the sky.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
And some of us provided quality information to questions asked by members of the forum that were I'll informed regarding the subject that select others could only call "biased" and resorted to pointing out so called "personal attacks" we have yet to hear a retort from Mike rossi regarding any of the claims about being a liar

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Mike didn't stoop to calling them liars
He said in black and white that allowing sunday hunting wouldn't reduce the number of days from start date to end date which simple math PROVES that simply isn't mathematically possible. He also stated that the long Island season allows Sunday hunting and that the season is now over 60 days. Again a quick look at a calendar and a count of the days proves that simply isn't the case. He tried to mislead the I'll informed to sway their decision. Or so that's how it would seem. Several of us asked him to explain himself and he never did. I'm not going to get into the debate weather sunday hunting is good or not, this is solely about the fact that Mike has in the past provided false information and that is undeniable

1 - 20 of 87 Posts