New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a Republican night Friday night at our firehouse. Mike dougherty (Assemblyman) and Marcia Karrow(Assembly candidate) were there and I asked them how they stood on Sunday Bowhunting.

Mike told me that he was all for it and that he sees no reason not to have it.We got off the topic because we started discussing The Highlands act and the Mt.Laurel law.

Marcia told me that she was against it because she feels that the family needs time in the parks without being bothered by hunters. Then we talked about how money from the hunters licenses pay for the majority of public state land,she agreed. Long story short(after about 30 mins of "discussion") I got her to agree with Sunday bowhunting on private lands and Public lands that aren't occupied with hunting trails. Well it's something. I should add that Marcia is Pro gun/hunting and is endorsed by the NRA.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Don't trust a politician DBuck. Usually if their lips are moving, they are lying [mad]I hope that your conversation did change her mind, but like I said don't trust them, sometimes they will say what you want to hear. It's still great the she has a good rating from the NRA :D

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Marcia told me that she was against it because she feels that the family needs time in the parks without being bothered by hunters.
What we are trying to p [no swearing please] is explicit: private property and WMAs only.

So that means... state parks... township property... etc. remain no Sunday hunting.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Been giving it a lot of thought. There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to hunt WMA's on Sunday.

I guess we have St. Hubert to thank.

I believe that is part of the religious origin of 'no Sunday hunting'.

Saint Hubert went hunting on a Sunday - he skipped church - saw a stag, was ready to pop it when he noticed a crucifix appear in the stag's antlers.

He vowed never to hunt on Sunday again.

I believe the image of that stag is on the Jaegermeister label.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I have to agree with Nightstalker on this one. There's not a politician in this world or the next that I'll trust. There only in it for one reason. To elevate themselves and put more $$$ in their own pockets.

David

·
Registered
6,056 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
St. Jagemeilter??? [up][up] I knew I liked that stuff for a reason. Nightstalker said it best Dbuck..Never trust a politician!

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're right ..Don't trust someone that is backed by the NRA,especially since the NRA is only in it for the money.

You know guys,if you don't talk to these people and get Ideas in their head then you will never get anywhere with them. That why we have to work so hard to get the passed,because guys due nothing except come on message boards like this and bitch.Yet they don't call their assmblymen or Senators.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i hear you pla930. so the church says we shouldnt be hunting so we can devote time to the family but its ok for the flippin stores to be open ( just to make a buck) but we shouldnt be able to hunt. no wonder i dont go to church anymore.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
especially since the NRA is only in it for the money.
I disagree. Yes they are in it for the money but that money is used in a very successful lobby effort (see assault weapon ban sunset, among others).

They've been audited and investigated by every left-wing anti-gun group with the dough and have come out cleaner than the groups 'casting the stones'.

An organization that truly represents its members, imagine that!

I'll continue to support the NRA.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
i hear you pla930. so the church says we shouldnt be hunting so we can devote time to the family but its ok for the flippin stores to be open ( just to make a buck) but we shouldnt be able to hunt. no wonder i dont go to church anymore.
No its not the church - its the state. Its one of those things that our forefathers brought with them from Europe. The state adopted the principle. Other states have allowed Sunday hunting. Typical of NJ - way behind the curve when it comes to the needs of the public.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll continue to support the NRA.
Yup,I used to belong to the NRA but I got tired of their phone calls and junk mail that I would get from them every other day begging for MORE money. They also sell your name and addresses to 3rd parties,when I signed up I put an S for my middle name(I don't have a middle name), well low and behold within 6 weeks I started getting junk mail with an S as my middle name.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
That's odd. I've never gotten junk mail as a result of my membership. My e-mail address was different. I contacted NRA and had them remove my name from outside solicitations.

Same with Cabelas.

The most junk-mail I've gotten was after I ordered from B [no swearing please] Pro.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's not a politician in this world or the next that I'll trust
Don't trust a politician DBuck. Usually if their lips are moving, they are lying
With comments like these no wonder politicians are so quick to jump when hunters ask for their support.
I gave Marcia a card for the site,because I told her at the end of our conversation that I will be reporting what she said on this site,and that she can feel free to chime in I really hope that she lost it and/or doesn't use it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts