New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is Copper. He's for Sale $400.00.
Daddy purchased on a whim cause he was hunting when daughter's collar bone got broken. Mommy says he needs a new home. You can have whatever we have for him but he's going to need a new cage, since the stray cat we already had taken in has knocked him off a table twice now. Got duck tape holding it together.
Someone with time to play with him and hopefully no cats please buy him, I don't want to leave the house and come home to find out he was someone's snack while I was out.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
It's a great hunting bird, If you let it go in the woods it fly's away and grabs deer by thier antlers and brings them back to your stand location...Real good bird.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know what he(Luknikk)has been smokin in the woods, a deer retrieving bird!, but he is a good bird and we've only had him a couple of months. Our other one passed away last year.

But with 6 kids still in the home and the 2 from college calling a wanting money, 1 Golden Retriever, 2 male domestic cats,an iguana I can't take the bird and the cat chasing him.

Make an offer and anything listed here can be yours! I need sanity again! LOL[smirk]

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
i'll give you 24 pennies, 10 nickels, 4 dimes, 1 quarter, and 9 $1 dollar bills. Oh, i also have some wooden nickels that I will through in for free!!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Thats all I can afford since I just bought a new bow, and new rifle this past week!!! Poor as hell right now [down] Well not really poor, just not as wealthy LOL

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
With the size of that bird he probably eats more than my 6 dogs combined. LOL

You could train him to retrieve pheasants, he's twice as big as one.:D

·
Registered
388 Posts

I resized the image :)

I have a good friend who recently lost her parrotlete, and I mentioned this bird to her, but she has a few questions. She wanted to know, "is it a baby, is it vet tested, healthy, comes with cage, hand tame, good around kids, etc etc"

Also, where are you located?

Thanks a lot!
Carlo

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the pic down size!!!

Was pruchased at pet goods 8-9 weeks ago. ??? on it's age, they never know. Still young though as the one we had before got many more yellow feathers where you still see green on the head and chest. We had him for 2 years (floor cleaners and birds don't mix). I don't know where to take him to the vet but as I know he's healthy as any bird can be. Yes he is hand tamed and crwlers all over the kids, if he's in the mood. She can have the cage, but as I said before the cat knocked it off the table it was on and is being held together with duct tape.

We are in Hopatcong, by the High School.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
they are great looking but they are very loud they squak alot, as a previous bird owner they need alot of time and care, think hard before you regret

1 - 20 of 22 Posts