New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a new climber, and I was looking at the summit razor x5 or the python. I like the pythons moving foot rest / gun rest. I am not as skilled with moving the bow around the rest yet so I like the open front design. I think the razor x5 just has a climbing bar that tucks under? Anyone use either of these stands? What are the good and bad points of them?

Dennis

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i use the bushmaster. its older design of the x5. it is the same except for the way your feet go for climbing. mine has the strap with bungee. the x5 did away with the strap and has a bar your foot goes under but still uses a bungee for the back of your boot. i love my summit.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I notice alot of people are partial to their favorite stand, and I was the same way about my API, but When I switched to the Lone Wolf, Man I would never use another stand. No straps for your feet when your climbing, it folds flat, you can sit and climb, and its lightweight. They are pricey, but I think it is worth it. Check them out on their website Lone Wolf Stands

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
notice alot of people are partial to their favorite stand,
i agree. i also had an API that i loved and thought was the best stand. till i got the summit. the summit has no moving parts like the api did. makes the summit alot quieter.

I don't have any bad points to say about my summit.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I've got a Summit climber. I believe it is the older version of the Goliath or one very similar. It is great. Put your bow holder and shotgun holder on it and you are set. And yes, you can fall asleep very easy.

I've also heard very good things about the Lone Wolfe stands from a few guys that have them.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I have a Summit Bushmaster..I added the rapid step which is offerred on thier new stands and does away with the bungees, which were a pain in the a.. My biggest complaint-It is not the easiest stand to carry because of its bulk not weight.It looks like they have addressed this issue with the new folding climbers..Overall a good stand..I still prefer hang- ons but you cant beat a climber for a quick set up..

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
might have to check out the razor x5 a little more, the python does not have the stirrups, seems like they are a much better option than the foot straps.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Whats the going price for a Summit Viper?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Summit's customer service is top notch. I had a squeek in my stand and contacted Summit and they send me a new one. They have a loyal customer in me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i think the two best stands on the market are the LONE WOLF and the TIMBERTALL period. i have looked into the other stands and found them to be the best stands on the market. the only thing is they are a little pricey.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After my great day fishing, and then going nuts at chucky cheese with my son, the guys at dicks talked me into the summit viper x5. I cant believe the weight difference between the walmart climber and this one. Plus the seat looks amazingly comfortable (dont know if thats good or bad). I can see myself falling asleep for days in that thing.

·
Registered
550 Posts
i have the Summit Buller Backpacker..It is the best climbing stand i have ever used..I use mostly loc ons but i think that the Buller Backpacker is the most comfortable stand i have ever been in..You can definetly fall asleep in those summit stands..Good choice going with a Summit..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts