New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOOKING INTO EITHER THE VIPER X5, THE GOLIATH X5, OR THE BULLET BACKPACKER THEY ARE GOING FOR $240 AND $270 IN CABELAS & B [no swearing please] PRO SHOPS. DO ANY OF YOU KNOW WHERE THEY MAY COST LESS?

I MAY TAKE A RIDE TO DICKS TODAY, SEE WHAT THEY WANT FOR THEM.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
BHC
I recently purchased a Loggy Bayou Transformer at the Cabela's in PA. for $209. Not only was it a few bucks cheaper than the Summits but it folds completly flat. The Summit that folds flat is over $300.

My old stand is a Warren & Sweat with the boomerang around the tree. It as noisy & difficult to hook on the tree,but I like the way it climbs better than my new stand.

Cabela's may not be the best price for this stuff. I saw my new stand at Billy-Bob's for roughly the same price as Cabela's without the long drive

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an older Loggy, that one I'm giving to MysticGuido when I see him, so I don't want another Loggy. I have a API, and brought another one, but I ordered the wrong model, and it's somewhat tight fit, so I'm stuck with it[mad]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I remember DICKS is always somewhat cheaper then most, I guess I have to drive out to East Hanover this morning

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
BHC

I was at Dick's yesterday but I didn't think to look at the prices. I remember something like $270 for one model of the Summit. I don't know what model it was. You know if you buy one today they'll be on sale next week.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Nothing like a Summit !!! I have the Python and love it . One problem is you can fall asleep in it .

Spend the extra and get a Summit . My two cents anyway .

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SUMMIT I will buy, and your right as soon as I walk out the sales clerk will put the sale sign up, LOL

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I also use a Summit. Best stand I have ever owned. I had 2 Loggy Bayous and got tired of not being able to climb a wet tree!

I understand that Loggy has since fixed that problem but Summit's get my money from now on.

·
3,413 Posts
I have a Viper XLS and I like it a lot, got rid of an API Bowhunter to get it. The biggest difference I see between the Goliath (read Viper but bigger) and the Broadhead backpacker (other than the backpacker being open in the front) is that I know that you have to "put it together" at the tree. Wing nuts or something like that if I remember right, where the Goliath just hooks up to the tree and you're goin' up.

The main reason I bring this up is that it's a PITA to put anything together in the dark when it's cold and you're wearing gloves.

Just something to consider.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I was going to buy a Gorilla climber. Their hang-on stands are great - I don't have any info on the climbers.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will take a ride to DICKS, leave here in about 1 hr

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well me and my friend Sammy took a drive to DICKS, we both got the VIPER X5, they only had 3 or 4 left, and they were $10 more then CABELAS, but that $10 would of went to shipping, so it boils down to the same price

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah they had the Regular Viper there for $170, but it was smaller then the VIPER X5

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I have last year's Viper X4,It is a really great stand.I was always a hardcore Loggy Bayou guy but switched after having problems w/ a brand new Loggy 30 feet up in a tree in Kentucky.
Careful at Dick's,most of the guys aren't qualified to sell sneakers,let alone hunting equipment..
[down]

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Hey Browning I agree with You on The Dicks sales guys but at the Woodbridge store, they have a Guy named John who owned his own bow shop for a time in South Amboy and I hear he's quite good.
having tuned several friends bows I can tell you he's done good work according to them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts