New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I rounded up my buddies & we made our way out & about on the ice last Saturday morning for some Sucker Gigging!

The ice definitely wasn`t the safest, but we gigged on it anyways!

*To read all about my latest adventure and to see a very cool Go PRO Sucker Gigging Video....Read More

BEST-pic-of-Sucker-Gigging-Gang-2015.jpg Ken-Beam-Gigs-four-Suckers.jpg Pete-Samski-driving-suckers-edge-of-ice.jpg Eric-Hildebrandt.jpg 5.jpg

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just saw last night on bizzare foods. You fillet suckers then score the fillet every quarter inch and fry it. scoring it every quarter inch takes care of the tiny bones that are usually in the meat. Ever try it?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hiya Bignick123 - Well...... yea that`ll work..... but when ya smoke `em and then ya just peel back the smoked skin & the fish
is easily pulled away without any bones! They`re awesome!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ 00BuckShot - Crazy huh??? Nah....... Just fun! But sometimes my Boys get a little hungry when we`re Giggin`......... Then they get a little crazy!
George-Eatin-Sucker-.jpg

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Bignick123, I know of that method to fillet suckers. I also use it on pickerel. It works really well. You just scale the fish and leave the skin on the fillets before you start cutting them.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Those smoked fish looks like it goes good with the jar in the 3rd pic

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bucksnbows - Yep...... That`s Eric Hildebrandt the co-owner of Shannon`s Fly & Tackle Shop in Califon.......

Eric-loses-sucker.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts