New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite the fact that it was unseasonably warm, my father and I both scored on nice Saskatchewan bucks! The place is incredible and there are bucks everywhere it seems. My dad got his buck at 11am on Tuesday.
He was a 5 X 7 and scored 142. I saw the biggest buck of the trip less than an hour into my hunt and decided to p [no swearing please] on him. My guess was he was in the 130s and was only an 8 pointer. After passes a good amount of nice bucks I decided to take this one
He was a 5X5 with no brow tines. He wasnt the biggest buck in the woods but he got me rattled when i saw all that m [no swearing please] and all those points at 20 yards. I got him with a tough angled shot up through his liver and into his lungs. Overall this trip was a great experience and I cant wait to go back.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I posted those pics wrong. Once i figure out how to post correctly I'll post some pics of the bucks I passed on.

·
Registered
388 Posts
NICE bucks!!! Huge bodied huh?

as far as the pic problem, it looks like you might have a space between the first "[img*]" tag and the start of the url, it should work if you just take that space out :).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was at Keeley Lake Lodge which is north of Meadow Lake. Pretty much anywhere up there you have a chance for a monster since the outfitters hunt federal land anyhow. The bucks up there just have the chance to get old and its a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Cold weather and a foot of snow on the ground would help too. This season wasn't that great for the outfitter we went with because of the weather which made it tough hunting. The big boys weren't showing up but they did manage to get 40 to 50 bucks on 60 tags, the biggest ones scoring in the 150's. I shot a little buck by Sask standards but they said on a good year you'd be passing on bucks like the one my dad got. If you go more south of Meadow Lake its more of an agriculture region and I saw pics from guys in the airport that shot bucks weighing over 300lbs dressed.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Nice bucks...the one your dad got is a moose!!!!! great m [no swearing please] and a large body.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Razorsharp,
Are you the SOB who stole my stand. I seen your truck parked off Rt.22 West with the appreviation RASZ license plates? I owe you one, bud....[down]:(

·
Registered
734 Posts
Buckman37,
Nice deer, sorry to steal your thunder. Just lost a new Summit Viper which was locked on to a tree right on my property line. I'm mad as hell.....got to find out this dudes whereabouts...

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Nice deer on both. It would be tough to p [no swearing please] on a deer like your dad got.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts