New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kris I had success on the last day of the bear hunt 2003, took a 200lb sow at 50yds. one shot with my Remington 11-87 SPS using 2-3/4" Lightfields. I should be getting the full body mount back very soon.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Joe- we are heading for Bear with the bow in NH in Sept. Currently designing an elevated tower and bait site at the famalies camp. The bears are thick up there. You can visit your sister on the way up!The neighbor had one in her garage last year!! She came home from Bingo turning into her garage, lit it up with the headlights and the bear was checking out the workbench. Took almost 1/2hr for the bear to amble out!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drag I got italian sausage made from the NJ bear, you want some?, its yours

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The area I took that NJ bear I've been hunitng it for about 9 years with my friends. During the 2004 season, I saw a total of 4 different bears, some of which I have pictures of, taken with my cam-trekker, we saw the bears the first 3 weeks of the season, then during the last week of October we never saw bears again. Where they went who knows.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Did you shoot that bear out of a tree? I think this is the bear I have on a cam-tracker on a dead deer near the tree you shot it out of. Was on a stand nearby when all the shots rang out and heard the bear fall out of the tree. Shot in the foot and chest. How did your mount turn out?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that was you? You came over with your son. When my friend Sammy first saw the bear, it had already had been injured in the foot, we did hear a shot about 10 minutes before. He saw the bear, well out of range but called me on the radio to inform me that it was heading to me, all my shots where in the boil room, I just didn't want it running off, and tracking it. Mount came out great!!!!!! I also have a picture of her it was taken a few months before the hunt.

Are you still hunting up there in the general location, if so how is the deer hunting treating you?

I got a new computer and didn't transfer the pictures from the old computer to the new one, but I will. If you like I could email them to you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts