New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These bucks live right up the street from me in South Plainfield. There is another 8 pointer in there that makes these guys look like midgets too. The patch of woods they're in is so small it's unbelievable there's this many decent bucks in there!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
i have a spot that is loaded with deer, behind my stand is 200 houses.
they will live any place there is food. cover doesn't seem to be as high on the list anymore.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i guess alot of guys on here hunt little urban woodlots? looks like thats where its at, i hunt a few spot where there are a house or 2 close by but most theres no houses for quite some time. i may have to find my self a little honey hole[up]

·
Registered
563 Posts
will somebody please explain to me,how its possible to hunt a suburban area[confused].......I know tons of areas like this....as I'm sure,most of us do......is it attainable? or is it just the biggest tease?

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
as long as everyone within 450' gives you permission your golden.
hang your stand on the down spout if you have to. sit in the swing set play house. double bull blind on the sand box, so your feet don't make noise.[hihi]

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i guess it would be cool to slide in there and nail a nice one but do you really get to relax sittin in someones backyard? i love when its dead quiet and every once in awhile you here a distant truck rumblin down a road. i dont know if id like that urban stuff, but would try it.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
yes it sucks listening to 1,000 cars per hour, listening to the kids get off the school bus. but thats were they are at sometimes.
can't use the audio from there on the videos, but you need the kill first.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These guys live not far from Riley...They're not in the patch of woods behind the senior's center, but i've seen some beauties back in there too...These guys are closer to Franklin School area

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
same thing at some of my spots.

i just text my buddies who are on patrol. tell them there is a accident at whatever location.

just doing my part. town watch/deer population control. :D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Just remember that there is nothing worse for bowhunters than a dead deer laying on someones front lawn with kids and families looking around.

This is the kind of story that will make the papers in one second and make all of us look like bad.

Just take pictures and enjoy seeing them when they are that close to populated areas.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Danny V

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Just remember that there is nothing worse for bowhunters than a dead deer laying on someones front lawn with kids and families looking around.

This is the kind of story that will make the papers in one second and make all of us look like bad.

Just take pictures and enjoy seeing them when they are that close to populated areas.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Danny V
WTF?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.