New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p so are we all ready to put some points on the board next weekend i was out after work scouting on thursday and saw 20 deer in colliers mills zone 18 i might have to go out this sat in the mills zone 17 part and try for a doe i'v got it real bad now and not sure if i can what 9 more days good luck and lets rack up some big buck points on first day

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I need to get out more but it will be tough this bow season. But if i get that big bruiser i saw yesterday we'll be doing fine!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Heading out in the am- first hunt of the year - baited Monday - checked today - they hammered the bait - This is as sure a spot as you could have - will definitly have a shot - will be up to me to connect

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
go luck i'm also heading out in the am for a few hours before it gets to hot

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
On the Board - connected at 7am this morning - will post pic later today - have a 10:30 am soccer for Kindergarden, and 12 game for 3rd grade!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
As for the details - I was the stand around 5:50 this morning over an empty bait. I am hunting on a 20 Acre Farm - mostly house and a field, that backs up to an 80 acre farm with some crops. There are loads of deer, proven by the fact that 50 lbs of corn that was dumped at noon on Friday was totally gone by 6 AM Saturday.

6:30 Am had a scrub 6 pointer come underneith me - checkedout the bait and moved away. 6:50 had a second scrub 5 point come in - do the same and bed down about 40 yards from the stand. 7:00 had 4 does move across the field in front of a barn about 100 yards away.7:10 had two does come right in on the bait. Zipped one of does angling away. Deer ran out into the field and piled up about 45 yards from where I hit her. I am in a earn a buck zone and can shoot another Doe and have it count towards the extended season - which I plan to do. I have hunted this spot for 4 years and killed 16 does there, however I have only seen a nice buck while hunting there and that was at 150 yards. I will shoot a couple of more does there for the landowner so I can get us some more points.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Jordan, only one deer counts, so you got five points for the doe. Zip a few for the landowner, but they wont count towards the contest. When you tag in a nice buck,;) you'll add the amount of 1" points he has to your 5 points.

[cool]

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Thanks Matty for the rule upgrade. I did not realize it was one deer. plus the points. Will be interesting to see how many ties we end up with.

·
11,226 Posts
Great job Kah!!!!!!!!![up] Congrats!!! 5 points on the board!!!
The contest is a one deer per hunter contest! You get 5 points for any deer. You also get 1 point for any antler point 1 inch or longer! Only your best deer will count for the team!!![up]
Congrats again!!![up]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts