New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stryker 380 I have been lucky to have 0 issues with the limbs, I recently had the string changed and all of a sudden the limb rockers "worked there way out" is what the bow tech told me I think they screwed it up on me when they changed the string and I dident relize they were out of wack till after about 5 shots and my stryker seemed louder then normal. it is actully fairly quit for a crossbow. So my ? is has anybody else have there limb rockers "work there way out"? or do you think the bow tech screwed it up. totally stinks because opening day in my zone is tomorrow, but atleast I still have my old reflex to use and I do shoot it offten.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also forgot to add that the place i took it to said the warrenty only cover parts not labor and since it is hunting season now, labor is $80 per hour insted of the normal $60 now is that some B.S!! or what

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
stryker owner here,wow that sucks.I'd say the bow tech should fix it free.Call dave wyvern get his opinion.603-659-0575

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
When they pressed it to replace the strings the limbs being compressed by the press takes the tension off the rockers allowing them to move. When they relax the press they have to insure the rockers are in place when they go back under the limb tension. They screwed up, first they shouldn't need to press the limbs far enough to allow much movement in the rockers but I'd bet they did. Second they didn't check them before giving you the x-bow back.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
My entire stryker worked itself loose every bolt in the thing was loose and vibrating . Sounded like a shotgun so I bought it to the dealer and he found everything was loose. Just noticed the stock has a crack running through both sides of it so back to the dealer on Monday. Hopefully bow tech does the right thing. I had my limbs crack in 2011 they have been fine since bow tech replaced.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I'm not a crossbow guy. But I've been around enough of them. Bowtech is a good company but the Stryker bows I've seen break constantly. One time three guys showed up to shoot. All three had Strykers. They shot for only minutes before they were down to one bow between them. Maybe the guys I've seen shoot them didn't maintain them properly , maybe the tech screwed up doing some previous work. But everytime? I think crossbows are not perfected yet but I've never seen quite as many probs as I have w that one

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
My entire stryker worked itself loose every bolt in the thing was loose and vibrating . Sounded like a shotgun so I bought it to the dealer and he found everything was loose. Just noticed the stock has a crack running through both sides
just an FYI guys, the screws that secure the Stryker stock to the frame can not be tightened too much. The plastic screw ferrules will crack and the stock will separate from the frame. In your case I believe the crack was probably caused by tightening the mounting screws too tight.
It shouldn't be that way, obvious design flaw, but if you already have one, do not tighten down the stock screws!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have had the bow for 3 years and have had 0 problems until I let them work on the bow, they shouldn't let people who are not qualified work on equipment they know nothing about .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.