New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,662 Posts
Was outhere Monday and Tuesday, fished the last two hours of the out going tide in the morning and it was a steady pick, limited out on slots, the rest were up to 32" they are hitting good right off the nude beach about one to two miles off. On Tuesday was the same fiasco, coming in I saw the Hyper Striper all by it self between the visual markers and the rip, I circle around him and North of his boat I got some real good readings, we hooked up to a 35-/2" and threw back about four fish over 31 till we ran out of clams. On Monday after the bite die down we trawl from Roman Shoals to the old Orchard, i saw the fleet you were talking about and we did not get a single hit. Came back in after the winds pick up and it got nasty on the bay, bumpy ride going back to the Highlands.

· Registered
2,662 Posts
That is the main reason they are hitting them real good off the nude beach. Both days that i was out there one clam boat was working right in the middle of the fleet of boats that built up around the clammer. It turns up the bottom and atracts the fish to the area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.