New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heard there where still stripers in the north waters wondering if any up that way can confirm or not.... we have our anual grady white owners tourney this sat but callin for rough seas so we may hug the beach and run north to try an bring in a big striper.. tks guys i would be comin from the great egg inlet

·
Registered
331 Posts
theres still probly some stripers hangin around but most likely non bigger than say 20 lbs and theyre not usually right on the beach like in the spring or fall, id say your best bet is to either try at night or troll a bunker spoon or somethin

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
on sat there was bass being caught but shorts and few keepers...all on live clam. for some reason the bunker wasnt doing the trick. and all caught from shore. no boats were hookin up 4 some reason

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
try inside the varenzano i usally do good on my friends boat robbins reef and caven point area
theirs a channel marker off caven point theirs a sand bar thats like 10 ft at low tide and has deep water all around it the bait are always stacked in this area if you can find a old chart their was a pier that stuck over a mile in to the bay it was off the up river side the pier is gone now a for some years and buck tailing works good in side the harbor

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
The Prowler is still catching them pretty good on clams :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
On my way in from the twin lighthouse area, we ran into a nice school of bunker yesterday around 2pm. Me and a buddy started snagging some and I got a hit on a light rod set-up. After about 10 minutes I boated a 32" bass, lots of fun. They were hitting the surface every so often, and had those bunker jumping like crazy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.