New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to Bowhunternj (Matt) for his first place 21.11# Striper.
I had a great day on the water. My Capt on the April Ann worked his butt off trying to find us fish. They just didn't want to cooperate. I had 1 short and we caught a bunch of big Bluefish. Thanks again Capt Eddie and Mate Dave for a fun day on the water.
I'll post pix soon.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up] looks like a good time!

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Great day out today. Our crew had a blast. Always a pleasure fishing with you guys (The 3 Toms, Tim, and Matt.) Congrats to Matt on the winning fish. I'd like to give a big double thumbs up to Captain Erwin and mate Erwin Jr. who run Scales and Tales. They worked their butts off today and made the right call to put us on some bigger fish, and it paid off. Great job guys. Thanks!:D[up][up]

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
What a great time, a big thanks to those that help organize this event! [up]

Our trip was awesome, tough fishing, but Captain Erwin and his son Erwin Jr. opted to chase bigger fish and were able to put us on the winner today. Definitely looking forward to getting back out with them, they run a great boat and fish hard...plus they're both big hunters (and butchers)! ;)

I'm totally exhausted...longgggggggg day, I'll upload some pics tomorrow sometime! :D

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
That fog was amazingly scary this morning. At one moment we had a barge appear out of no where, then disappear like it never existed.

We fished with Joe from Sykk Physh. Joe's a great guy and worked his a$$ off for us today. We managed to get two keepers. One of which was my nephews first striper (30inch). He was a little disgusted when the fish left him a little white present on his legs. [lol][lol]

Thanks Joe... Im sure Scott and I will be calling you in a few weeks for that live lining.[up][up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Team "Pantene" Hair Care Products

After picking up our clams and belly chum, we were on the water by about 5:15 am with our feerless leader Captain Pantene Queen Sammy at the helm . . .

As we worked our way to our secret spot number 1, Elusive Spinner and Hacker Scrubby shucked some clams for our bait . . .

First catch was a skate . . .

Followed by another skate . . .

Well then we hit into the crabs . . .

And they were so plentiful that we were even catching them in multiples . . .

All this "Fishing" worked up our appeties, so it was time for a snack . . .

And finally . . . FINALLY . . . Elusive boated our first Striper for the day, but it was a short, so back into the drink it went . . .

Then Captain Sammy brought in a short also . . .

Elusive broke the ice with this beautiful 32" keeper . . .

And Captain Sammy boated a beautiful 31' keeper as well . . .

I eventually caught my first Striper for this season, but it was a short and went back in to grow just a tad more . . .

Scrubby caught a keep also, but I was unable to obtain a picture of it :(

Elusive fished so hard today that he broke a rod . . .

I'd have to say that the most exciting and action packed moment of the day is when Elusive was pulling in his 32" fish and the line got all tangled in the prop of the motor. With the Striper on top, but still a decent ways out, he had to pull the line in by hand.

And finally, our catch for the day, 7 keepers and 1 bluefish that we dicided to keep . . .

A really great day on the water, despite the pea soup conditions until late this morning, with some really great guys. And I've now missed two Striperthon weigh in's due to the fish NOT cooperating until late in the afternoon . . .

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
If you had a good time Kjell, that's the most important thing :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.