New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being new at this I'm kind of flying blind.but my question is how long should i leave **** on wood? i have been taking them off when they stop sweating grease.hope this is OK. it has been working out that when one comes off i have another one hanging ready to go on

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Sounds fine to me. **** are sold fur in anyway. I leave my **** on the board until their hide is dry. You can also keep wiping the grease off with a rag. When its done drying just take off the stretcher and hang it in a cool dry place. Remember to use belly boards and "cut the window" for fur inspection. If you don't use a belly board you'll have a hell of a time getting it off. As they dry they will form tight around the stretcher making it very difficult to get off.

Its pretty easy to make your own wood stretchers if you have just a little carpentry experience. Go to a trapping supply website and find the demensions for **** stretchers. you never know when you'll need an extra until it happens.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
My coin stay on the boards 3 to 5 days tops depending on temp if they are stretched correct not over or under stretched they will keep there form when Hung of the board anymore than 5 days and you will struggle to get them off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts