New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while out in the afternoon, I had a FOX come through barking the entire time, now while that is not so unusual, there was a second fox coming from behind me making a screeching screaming sound that I never heard before, then from my left came a group of turkeys running which I assume were being circled by the two fox, just as they went by a 3rd fox came by quite on the trail of the turkeys. It appeared that the fox were PACK hunting those turkeys, It was the strangest thing I ever seen in my 60 plus years hunting. I never seen fox hunt together and the screaming sound the one fox made I have never heard before it was almost like THE SOUTH JERSEY BOYS driving deer yelling YO BUCK

Reactions: longbow

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I though I have seen it and heard it all in the woods after 35 years of hunting. I had the pleasure of hearing a mating call from a raccoon up close walking out of the woods in dark. I almost fell over , scared the living crap out of me.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I’ve heard fox screaming before but never saw them pack hunting. 2 years ago when my son was 10 we heard them in the dark while setting up to turkey hunt. It scared the crap out of him. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts