New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw 3 does in the middle of the jug handle on Route 1 at Bonhamtown exit in Edison yesterday. It got me thinking of some of the strange places we have been seeing deer in NJ..A few weeks back I was driving by the Livingston Mall late at night and there was a small herd of deer walking across the parking lot (of course they were all does, like all women attracted to the mall)...10 years ago I was working in Carteret and use to see pheasant walking the fence line at Colonial Pipeline off Blair Rd..

B

·
0 Posts
I see deer on the grounds of RAHWAY STATE PRISION, saw deer on St. George Blvd. in WOODBRIDGE, seen deer here in LODI/SADDLE BROOK, PARAMUS, CLIFTON, TOTOWA

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 20 Oct 2005 9:05 PM

Currently Online Posts: 53
I saw 3 does in the middle of the jug handle on Route 1 at Bonhamtown exit in Edison yesterday. It got me thinking of some of the strange places we have been seeing deer in NJ..A few weeks back I was driving by the Livingston Mall late at night and there was a small herd of deer walking across the parking lot (of course they were all does, like all women attracted to the mall)...10 years ago I was working in Carteret and use to see pheasant walking the fence line at Colonial Pipeline off Blair Rd..
Among those Livingston Mall deer is a pibald doe. I have been seeing her on and off for the last 18 months. I drive by there in Walnut St to go to work. I look for "Whitey" everyday, but haven' seen her for a while now.

B

·
0 Posts
Last year summer of '04, I saw a dead buck on RT. 17 south at the exit for ESSEX STREET LODI/MAYWOOD

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 20 Oct 2005 9:09 PM

Currently Online Posts: 1806
I see deer on the grounds of RAHWAY STATE PRISION, saw deer on St. George Blvd. in WOODBRIDGE, seen deer here in LODI/SADDLE BROOK, PARAMUS, CLIFTON, TOTOWA
I once saw a buck in Fair Lawn, actually the Fair Lawn/Ridgewood border.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I work in Avenel. Last week on the way home from work on Homstead Ave. I saw and counted eight deer in a small rectangular field owned by PSE&G. I also have seen deer on Blair Rd. by the PSE&G property. I have friends who work at Kinder Morgan and have seen deer on that property.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I see one in the back of my truck every once in a while.;):D

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
saw a nice 6pt last week on the GSP going south near kensington.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I saw one about seven years ago on upper mountain ave in montclair with an arrow stuck in it.
[mad] Also saw a wild turkey in a bank parking lot on pompton ave in cedar grove.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
since I moved here I can only think of one time, on exit 7a off of 280 east the jug handle woods which is like 1/4 acre had 4 does in it. But PA I can tell you stories of deer that live in entire developments that have no woods or wood lots around, they just live in their back yards!!! Stories of deer getting into peoples houses, jumping in pools, running down streets. I have a few friends in Law enforcement and they used to call me with all these stories, and call me when deer get hit by cars so I can come get them.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Swimming across the Navesink river from Rumson to Locust.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
The strangest situation I've ever seen was my during my 1st hunting season (shotgun only). I had only seen like 2 deer all season so far. And on my way to the hunting expo at Raritan Center, like 1 mile from it, I see 3 deer: 1 buck and 2 does. Imagine that, I'm going to a place where people have all sorts of gadgets/products to attract deer and the deer are walking towards it.

David

·
Registered
267 Posts
Going from work to my buddy's house in Metuchen to pick up training pigeons last week, I saw a large 8-point buck and 2 does on somebody's lawn on Cooper Rd. in Scotch Plains.

Of course, the house was so big that until they started moving off, I thought they were lawn statues!

·
Registered
949 Posts
There are loads of deer in Raritan Center, the back of the center connects to Middlesex Coummunity College property and they run into Raritan Center.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts