New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone store their own worms? I would like to keep worms but I have never had any luck in doing it,they always end up dying. I'm really getting tired of paying for worms every year when mother earth supplies them free of charge. I would actually like to start a worm farm so that I could have baby nights but I am totallly clueless about that.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
You can keep them in the frig for awhile. Just don't forget about them and have your wife find them like mine..Bait is now barred from the upstair refrigerator!:p
They used to sell a green worm box at bait stores.Do a google on storing worms..

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Get a composed pile.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Just leave em in the bow nothing happens to them.Except mealies.I left them in my trout vest once and i opend it in the summer and there were beatles in it,still alive and some dead.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Put them in the trunk of a car during the summer
Been there, Done that

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
take news paper, wet it,do not soak it up.then place it over your nightcrawlers put the lid back on and put them in the frig. they last a long time like that.[up]

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 15 Jan 2006 2:35 AM [PM]

Monster Buck
Currently Offline Posts: 3638
Quote:
Put them in the trunk of a car during the summer

Been there, Done that
It's not only the smell, but the fact that they seem to melt into one pile of goo.

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
I had worms out on the driveway yesterday before the rain turned to snow. You better get started collecting. Two weeks in the fridge and then it's your fault for not getting out. Good luck

·
Registered
949 Posts
I put dirt in a large styrofoam cooler mix some coffee grinds in it and then put a piece of wet newspaper on it like passthrough suggested above. Keep it in a cool place. The worms last along time. After fishing just check and make sure there are no dead ones, it will spoil the whole lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts