New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stihl ms 290 with 20" bar, i bought it right b4 christmas of 2008, saw is in great shape, probably only ran 10-15 tanks of fuel in it, its a great saw, however i need more power so im gonna buy a 361 or a 441, comes with case, oregon power match bar, and stihl bar, scrench holder, and 3 chains, which i will try to sharpen before i sell it. 375$ firm

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Saving my milk money for a 361. I'll think about it. $380.00 will get me a new 290.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as far as husqy and stihls go, they are both great saws, ive ran them both, its like a ford/chevy thing, i myself like stihls,

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and nope cant take 275, and they are 380 new with a 20 inch bar at evey dealer around here, maybe 350 for one with a 16 inch bar

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good luck selling, anyone who buys will be very happy. I have an 031AV from the West Germany plant. Bought it from my wife's grandfather 16 years ago, cut well over 100 cords with it and can still start it with 2 pulls!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what is the reason for the Oregon bar?
had a 50 dollar gift certificate to baileys and had to use it, so bought the bar and scrench holder and a lot of people i cut with all have the same saw with the stock bar, so i also bought it to stand out from the other saws, there is nothing wrong with the stihl bar, and actually i think the stihl bar cuts better

1 - 20 of 24 Posts