New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this was actually the weekend I had planned for our 2nd Range Day. So now we will have to cram two lessons into one event. Should not be too hard for us but might be a bit for the youngsters to remember. Our Goal will be teaching the proper use of the Range and Proper shooting techniques.

October 30th 10am Colliers Mills Range. Same as last time I will supply the food, bring the Grill, ketchup, mustard, and some Macaroni Salad.

If someone could pick up Hamburger and Hot Rolls, Someone grab Paper Plates and Napkins, and someone fill a cooler with Water and a Few Soda's I would really appreciate it. I have three Rifles to use. One is a Cricket if you bring a younger Kid it will fit them fine. If you want to bring your own Rifles that's fine so long as it's a Rim Fire. I am hoping I can get at least 3 people to man the stations. And one NRA Instructor as Rangemaster.

I will stop by the Range on Thursday to make sure everything is good to go. It should be fine. If not I will make it fine. This time there will be no cancellations unless the weather sucks. I wanted to get this up and running before November cause I know you guys want to be in your stands for the Rut. Any suggestions you may have are appreciated.

My goal here is for the Kids to have a great time, learn something, and want to do it again. Remember they are our future shooters. Without them the great Sport of Shooting and Hunting will be gone. An American Heritage we can't afford to loose.

If we can lets make a list on this post so we have an idea on how many.

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I'm in !!! [up]

I'll bring some extra Eyes and Ears , couple Back Stops and Ballons to shoot at.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. One table has a damaged top. Boards are warped from weather. I will fix it on Thursday. Hope you guys can make it Wing and vdep. There will be 7 stations then. If we use 5 then there will be 2 if anyone shows up to use the range.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
UGGGGG...can't make Saturday Steve. Please send a PM of what you will need for the kids that aren't called for. I can drop off at the farm Wednesday before. Please let me know!

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Is there a limit on number of kids? If not I'll ask my 3 girls. I have a grill I can bring if needed.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I'll be there with at least 2 kids Stevo. I have a Coleman grill I can bring if it's needed.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
John it's a Sunday. Woj I am bringing a large backyard Grill. Could a mod please make this a sticky? I would like to know about how many are coming.

1. Stevo and Grand Daughter
2. Woj x2
3. John x2
4. Fishman

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
John it's a Sunday. Woj I am bringing a large backyard Grill. Could a mod please make this a sticky? I would like to know about how many are coming.

1. Stevo and Grand Daughter
2. Woj x2
3. John x2
4. Fishman

Lets fill this up

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Come west on Monmouth rd (537) past Great Adventure and Prospertown Lake. At light make a left on Hawkins Rd. Follow that through the 4 way stop until you come to a sharp right hand turn. Entrance will be on the left. First Range on the right is the Police Range. Keep going until you come to a fork and go left. You will go past the dog training area and under the power lines. Range is on left.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts