New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about this guy?

http://www.lonegan.com/

I still need to read more about him before I vote for him. Found this on his website:

What is your position on gun control?

I support the Second Amendment and believe that gun control laws do not reduce crime and may, in fact, increase it. If Gun Control laws worked, Washington DC would be the safest city in America.

Gun control laws do, however, have an enormous impact on a law-abiding citizens' constitutional right to own firearms. I support Right to Carry legislation that will give New Jersey residents the same rights as 38 other states including Florida, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Vermont. Why should New Jersey residents have fewer rights and have to live with more government restrictions than people in nearly any other state. If the New Jersey legislature passes Right to Carry, I will sign it into law. One thing is clear. Unlike others in this race, my position on gun control is NOT the same as Jim McGreevey’s.

It’s time we stop treating law-abiding citizens like criminals and criminals like victims. The era of political correctness will end the day I take the oath of office as New Jersey Governor.

How do you feel about the Bear Hunt?

The proposed bear hunt is an essential wildlife management tool that the McGreevey Administration is stopping in response to complaints from radical animal rights activists. I believe that the threat that Black Bears pose to homeowners in the Highlands region justifies the hunt. I reject the ideology that places the so-called rights of these bears ahead of the people they are threatening because their population has been allowed to multiply.

·
3,413 Posts
He's a Mayor from Borgata. Don't know anything about him. Hasn't got a lot of news coverage here in Trenton and the surrounds......Actually the white whale in the Delaware has gotten more coverage than he has.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Lonegan's good. Quite a loose cannon but he would do great if elected. That said, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

In reality, there are only 2 people in the Republican race, Schundler and Forrester. Either would be better than Corzine but Schundler has made a real effort to meet with many sportsman's groups as he can and understands the issues.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I work in the town close to Bogota. Lonagan is a tool. He ruined their police department and his ideas are way out there. The seniors in the town buy into his bull so he gets re-elected. On a scale one to ten....I give him a one. Maybe one of the worst mayors in NJ....second to the one in the town where I work.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts