New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the nice weather this week decided to get some fresh air and explore some new area. Walked around Stephens state park yesterday off of Waterloo valley road on the side of the train tracks. Really liked the area. Nice and quiet and actually saw some tracks and such. My question is does anybody know if this area is huntable? I'd really like to scout more of this area out but would be bummed if I find out you can't hunt it. So has anybody hunted it before?
Any info would help
Thanks

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Dont think you can. Allamuchy is the closed to there that's huntable. As per a ranger I asked yrs ago.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it is allowed there's just no clear indication where on anything. I checked the maps but nothing. I'm assuming off of all the hiking trails are allowed. I guess I'll have to talk to a ranger?

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
My buddy killed a nice shed buck there 2 years ago [up] Stephens has over 400 huntable acres and many miles of fishable river

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
there is alot of hunting over there but also lots of hunters...there also is a club over there that posts state land and the rangers do nothing about it..when i worked for the park in 2001 i had to maintain the trail systems and clean up peoples garbage but when i went to hunt it some yahoo came over threatening me for tresspassing and when i showed him a map of the park he ripped it up in my face and tried to force me out of the woods..being the nice guy i am i knocked him over and said have a nice day and then came back with a park ranger to issue fines for dumping on state lane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.