New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
That's pretty good, I love that it involves telling someone else to do something. [hihi] [up][up]

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Use foil into instead of butcher wrap paper and the meat will last 12 months with no freezer burn. Paper is not an oxygen or moisture barrier neither is a zip lock bag LoL. I'll keep similar cuts in one bag and just one label in the bag then you don't have to write on each pkg.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Use foil into instead of butcher wrap paper and the meat will last 12 months with no freezer burn.
That's a great idea. I went another route and invested in a vacuum sealer a couple years ago. I cut the bags to the sizes that I need and label them accordingly. The best part is if I don't have time to process the entire deer I can quarter and debone and then seal all the meat up and freeze it and come back to it later.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Great post.[up]and saved it for future ref.
The only thing missing in the processing is a vacuum sealing machine.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
why is that??????
Because it is the best deer butchering tutorial that I have ever seen in my life by far. Its awesome that that dude would take the time and catalog each step in such detail.

....I see why my comment may have been misconstrued, but I have always been a fan of this thread even back when I originally posted back in Sept '09.

x2 for making it a sticky very good reference material.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts