New Jersey Hunters banner

State Rifle Range at Layton

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Dragthor 
#1 ·
Seriously... why does the Layton range open at 9 AM? Why can't it open earlier?

It would be perfect if I could start shooting at 8 AM or earlier... so that I can get to work.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

#2 ·
People that live near these ranges complain with early shooting. This even though there is only 1 house near that range. The Clinton range has no houses in earshot and it opens at 9 also.

The worst example is the Black River clay target range. It is closed part of the year & the F&G was forced to put up expensive sound barriers due to complaints from homeowners. These homeowners purchased their houses long after the range was established still we have to kowtow to their complaints.

#6 ·
Yes ,
Sussex County
Flatbrook-Roy WMA
Route 615
The last two years I was there at 8:00 shotting . I never seen the no shot untill 9:00 . I'll be there tomorrow at like 7:30 8:00

#8 ·
I was there today. Kris I would just go on a pheasant stocking day. They start shooting at sunrise. I did that last year and no one gave me a problem.

By the way there were suicidal deer there today. They walked across the ridge while everyone was shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.