New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was by my hunting spot today and realized that down the rd there is a new piece of state land. Can I hunt that piece? The signs only say state park boundry and no motorized vehicles or alcohol beverages. Any help

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I'd call Fish and Game first to see if it's open to hunting. Get the officer's name too, so if anybody gives you a hard time, you can say, officer so and so said it was ok to hunt here.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The townships by me Montgomery, Hillsborough all have property that is open only through special permits. This might be the case there. I would check with F&G. good luck

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
if it isn't state wma then you have to find out what property it is and find out if a. hunting is allowed b. whether or not permits are required c. what if any restrictions are in place for hunting ie. only certain areas of the park may be open to hunting

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
alot of state parks have designated hunting areas
all other areas closed to hunting it should say no hunting if this is the case but i would still check with what ever state park is in the are if you dont want it public pm me i do alot of state park hunting and may know what park it is if i know the area i should know what park it would be

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
alot of state park are posted as stateparks without any no hunting signs..but it doesnt mean you can hunt there.... the d&r canal state park signs are all over rt 29 but you cant hunt there only like one area..there used to be another one but it looks like its gone it was a bow hunting only area[down]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.