New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been hearing alot of stories with peoples stands being stolen and alot of them on private property... makes me think you cant even really trust the landowners whos property your hunting.Just because they say its okay for you to hunt on it doesnt mean they have dont have some anti hunter in the family or maybe a neighbor thats stealing these treestands!I would hate to think its other hunters[spy]. I was speaking to a Conservation Officer in the Assunpink WMA a few days ago and he said they are stepping up enforcement on this matter alot! Some im assuming its a statewide thing too! [up]

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In terms of treestand thefts... Confronting in a polite manner where the treestand came from/where the locks are too it.Things like that...

·
Registered
10 Posts
last year i left a ground blind up on private property the day before 6 day firearm started so i could just walk in and not startle the deer trying to set it up ... it got stolen lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
unfortunately their are a ton of scumbags out there that are classless.maybe one day we'll all get luckey and catch one in the act and make him pay.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I hate to hear all these stories of people getting their stuff stolen, but yet I still dont understand why people leave stands in the woods and for as long as they do. I have a Summit Viper which I carry in and carry out whenever I use it. That is for public land hunting. When I hunt private land I build a perminant stand when I can. I have never had a thing stolen, because I have never left it out. I also avoid buying a trail cam for the same reason I cant leave it there. I dont make enough to keep replacing things when they get stolen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.