New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pretty neat......(30 second video)... [up]

Have you ever seen one of our military walking past you and wanted to , but weren't sure how?
Recently, a gentleman from Seattle created a gesture which could be used and has started a movement to get the word out.

Please everybody take just a moment to watch.... The Gratitude Campaign; ....and then forward it to your friends!

THEN START USING THE SIGN.

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/shortmovie.php

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
[up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up]

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Thanks for posting...
I'm not sure if it was posted on here or not, but I've seen the video clip before.
I used the sign to a group of soldiers that I passed in a terrminal at Des Moine International airport. And they responded with thumbs-ups and head nods....They understood it !

Also, About a year ago I was standing inline at the Fredon Deli, to pay for my sandwhich, when a soldier in uniform came in behind me, As I was paying for my lunch, I told the cashier to take out for what ever he was getting.
The look on his face was well worth it.
Besides...It just plain made me feel good !

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
[up][up][up][up]

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
[up]Good post Paul, thanks.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
excellent, my only question is why do we need a secret sign, why can't we just say thanks?!

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
why do we need a secret sign,
no one said it is a secret [confused]
I see it as a AWESOME sign to say thanks with out having to interrupt or put a military person on the spot in a public setting and is a great way to show a eye to eye personal touch of gratitude, respect, and honer without encroaching on there personal space ;)

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
All, its simple American Sign Language for thank you, that's all! I sign some because of my son and recognized it immediately.

Thanks for posting

·
Registered
565 Posts
why can't we just say thanks?!
We can.... some people are more shy or anxious than others and feel they wouldn't know the right way to go about it (not that thre is a wrong way).... This would be perfect for them...

I justforwarded the video to everyone in my office. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
ditto what Dsaint004 said....my daughter's deaf and we use it every day.....I've always told my kids to say thank you to anyone in the Armed Forces.....

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
[up]

The Soldier: - By Charles M. Province

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
If you can read this message thank a teacher,
If you are reading it in English of your own free will THANK A SOLDIER!
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.
To all the brave men and women who have dedicated or given their lives
to protecting this country and it's freedoms:
Thank you.

http://www.thankasoldier.net/

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
My children and I ALWAYS try to stop what we are doing and thank uniformed military people no matter where we are or what we are doing, but sometimes in a quick passing it isn't pratical, so this sign is a great additional way to say thanks [up]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts