New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious how many of you have a different stand location for the morning, midday, and evening. Also, how many of you will hunt the entire day, or do you take a break somewhere in the middle for a few hours.

David

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
i have both morning and afternoon spots and i should try and stay all day but i end up looking for new spots for the next time that i see nothing

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I have a few stands. Nothing that I consider an AM or PM stand. I get to fidgety to stay on stand all day. During the rut I may stay on a bit longer and head back in Earlier.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I have several stand sites picked out...I have some for both the morning and evening...it all depends on where you hunt and how and when the deer move on that property. You have to take advantage of ur scouting to give you the best chance of scoring. Generally I dont sit all day during the early season but I will when the cooler weather starts and especially during all phases of the rut.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
then again...you never know when a deer, especially a big buck, will come by your stand...deer are only patternable to a certain extent

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It all depends on where and what I have a stand hung over...Stands that I hang just off of a field edge will generaly only prouduce in the PM...Stands that I have hung in or near bedding areas produce more in the am...Stands that I hang on travel areas between the 2 (funnels,creek crossings,ridge tops,etc) can produce both am & pm...Ill also take an all day sit during the rut on the bedding and travel areas...Sometimes Ill also sit all day if the weather is extreamly cold during the late season around the bedding areas...Lots of times the deer will get up to browse through out the day to stay warm

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
i have different stand sites for different wind directions. some stands i can hunt all day if the wind is right, and others i can only hunt morning or afternoon. i have been hunting stands according to the wind for the past two years and man does it pay off. the same stands i used to hunt are now alive with deer activity when they cant smell me. you really dont realize how much wind affects a hunt until you actually see deer make a detour around you at 200 yard, and you are sitting there wondering why they did that. it is hard to hunt by wind direction bc your are limited to stand location .,but i assure you it will pay off in the end

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
My answer is YES & NO.... depends on the day, the week, the month, the way the wind blows, is it rainning? how many feet of snow

What was the Question...Again?

ON days off I'll hunt all day, no breaks, ok sometimes I have to go do my nature think....

MOst of the time I'll hunt just the afternoons.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I have morning stands, night stands, close to the truck 2-3 hr stands, back woods all day stands. Depends on the day, work schedule, and weather. Time of year. I've got over 15 different trees picked out and ready to hunt. All but 2 have produced, but I know they will.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts