New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the my 8 year old son out for wipers tonight and had a pleasant surprise.
Started trolling and went about 5 minutes and BAM big hit and the line started screaming

Than a little while later (about 2 1/2hours)bang another hit.

Well needless to say no wipers but both fish put up a great fight and my son was so happy and that is what counts

·
Registered
942 Posts
That's great ..you must have been so happy to see your boy's smile[up].I can't wait till my boys are a little older

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tommy,
Enjoy them now because before you know it they are all grown up.
I can't believe how fast they grow up.
It's awesome now that he is a little older and can handle going out on the boat for longer periods of time. My younger son is 4 now and I think he can handle a couple of hours but I usually have to buy some shiners and put them in the livewell for him to play with when the fish are not cooperateing.
The younger one was a little mad the other night when we left without him. But we told him next week we'll hit Oxford for some crappies(he loves that).
Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's awesome, I hope I have the same luck w/ the LMB as you did. Planning family vacation out to Spruce Run in July. Any tips for the LMB would be greatly appreciated. I can not wait until my son is old enough to go out w/ me.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have caught Largemouth on spinnerbaits and twitchbaits Spinnerbaits usually white w/ silver willowleaf blades and twitchbaits You can't go wrong with the husky jerks by rapala usually in the clown color or the shad color.
The fish that my son and I had caught last week trolling for stipers using stickbaits. Both of the B [no swearing please] we picked up were in about 10' of water and we just happen to pull in tight with the downriggers and bam my son hit a 19" (fogot the camera for that fish) the night before the other one pictured that was aroung 17".
I'm sure that I'll be going out there in july (I'm about 3 miles away) Let me know and I can tell you where to go or I could just meet you there and show you.
Jeff

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Chris just put up a post when you are going to be there and If I'm off of work (I get allot of time off from work)I could meet you there and if I'm not I can go over some key areas for you to try out.
Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you very much. I will definetly let you know. Any of those Asian Catfish in Spruce Run, cause you know catchin even a 500 lb.'er would really make a vacation complete, but of course i'll settle for a 2+ lb. bass...ha ha...Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts