New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find ways to get the word out about this site. The more people we get here the better!
How did you here about this site?
How can we get more Jersey hunters here?
Any ideas? [confused] ?

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
go to every shoot and p [no swearing please] it on. Leave a letter at every sports shop that will let you post it. word of mouth. Put a Sign on Bacs's truck. Have BowHunterCop write it down when he gives out a ticket. just to name a few

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I visit other big sites that already get lots of traffic....I mention it out right as often as possible.

Mostly I bring it up with important issues, and then I throw the name out there, like anyone who hunts in NJ has got to visit newjerseyhunter.com....you'll feel right at home and there are lots of great guys over there. Lots of good info etc...

Im sure some of them may have signed up, but I think most people like to read before they jump in....same way I get in the pool when the waters is chilly...I pace around and then I finally jump in.....there are probably lurkers....they'll jump in though.

Oh and I use my [email protected] email to promote it as well.....

Dont be bashful, just tell em this place is great...

If Dragthor builds it, they will come.:D

If your out there reading this, yeah you know who you are, and you havent signed up yet, what are you waiting for? The waters fine, jump on in... Then you can be one of the ones spreading the word.[up]

have a good one guys---Matt:)

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Getting the word out is hard for a new site . With mine I have asked a few big sites if they would like to do a banner exchanged even up .

That has worked out well for me .

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Submit it to be put into the Hunting Digest during the summer. That way just about every New Jersey hunter will know about.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I was wondering who JamesB67 was.
Nice to "meet" you Jersey... I figured a user name like the one I picked would be more appropriate for a hunting site.. :)

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
My thoughts: Word of mouth is powerful. 98% of all the registered users are here by word of mouth. For example, I walk into Cablea's to purchase a new muzzleloader. The salesperson is telling me to buy X. However, my friend is telling me to look into buying Y. My friend wins... hands down 99% of the time.

What about the remaining 2%? Well... I was thinking about ordering business cards (even thou the site is not really a business). This way... if I am at the 3-D shoot... I can p [no swearing please] them around.

In addition, I can mail them to you guys to p [no swearing please] around too.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
how about at pequest we print up some flyers. and p [no swearing please] them out. Leave some at the UBNJ booth I'll be more then happy to p [no swearing please] out some as I walk around and shoot. I'll put some on every car in the parking lot

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey everyone!! Ive been a Registered member for approx 1 1/2 hrs. and all ready sent the site info to 6 friends. I found you guys/gals from a post on njfishing.com. I think that if every member made a small effort to spread the news, ex. Post a small sign at your favorate sport shop, tell your friends, post the site on open forum sites you visit.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I just plugged this site on a couple others! Double I plugged your site as well! Every little bit helps!
Thanks !

Just post the link from here where ever you visit . I even add my link in my sig. at the bottom of my posts at other forums .

Word of mouth got me over 30 members just yesterday in a 4 hour span . So tell everyone you know about the site . Takes a bit but they will show .

Don

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
well we all agree, word of mouth.Just this morning I was at a light and the truck in front of me had UBNJ plates, I jumped out and told him of the site and he seemed quite happy to hear about it. If he logs on "sorry I cut in front of you down the road."

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found some more sites to spread the word tonight! By the time fall gets here we should have enough seeds planted for this place to really take off!
I'm finding some cool sites as well! It's fun!

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I see we hit 120 hunters here! Keep up the great work! Where did you new guy's and gals hear about the site? Do you know of other ways we can spread the word?
Welcome aboard again![up]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts