New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying a guy I know set me up for this spot and said the lady owned 20 acres. Well she didnt, but behind her house was property the town purchased that we were allowed to hunt,(supposedly). Well we decide to check out the propertyand can see right away this place see's more action than Paris Hilton. There are boot prints eveywhere. we climb up a small hill and see a double ladder stand. and can tell there this place is just beat to death. there are more people tracks than deer tracks and there is not a track younger than week old to be found. Oh well, I still got my other spots.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Lincoln Park, Towaco are great area's big deer in the Big Piece there
I have to find a place in Lincoln Park. That is where I live. I have some big ones in my backyard, but can't shoot them.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Online Posts: 1627
There's alway's next year.... Lincoln Park, Towaco are great area's big deer in the Big Piece there..
Does anyone have information on the club that hunts Big Piece ( aka Greater Peace Meadows). I think it's the outfit with the clay bird range on Horseneck Road.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have 3 spots in Lincoln park. The area is ok, but not great. Like anywhere else there is a few big bucks around.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I have 3 spots in Lincoln park
Any of those spots near Pine Brook Road?

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I lived in Towaco for 30 years. Unless you know where to go you are going to run into tons of locals that hunt the available land. There are very nice bucks there but it is so overdeveloped now they are "Backyard Bucks".

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Here is a buck in my backyard in Lincoln Park. I took the picture in August. I haven't seen him since.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
He was a nice 7 last year. I am up above Pine Brook Road. I have a bunch of big does in my backyard though.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
My sister works at the school right next to the Grand Chalet on Rt 23 South in Wayne and they have deer on their play ground. In fact there is a nice rub on one of the trees in the play ground. I want to hunt on the state owned land next to the river on Mountain View Road in Wayne where the homeless people used to have a tent city. There are some nice deer in there too.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I found information on that club...You must be a Fairfield resident to join.

Little Piece (west of Horseneck road) I believe is public....Very swampy need hip boots. Access is just across from the trap range.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
The old Lincoln Park Archers range used to have some good hunting. Especially before 287 went through you could go up the side of the mountain.

The area where Changebridge road intersects 202 was good in the '60's. Now there are condos there.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My understanding is a section of big piece on the noth side of RT80 is state owner and open for hunting. In fairfield I believe.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 13 Jan 2006 12:11 PM [PM]

Non Typical
Currently Online Posts: 877
I found information on that club...You must be a Fairfield resident to join.

Little Piece (west of Horseneck road) I believe is public....Very swampy need hip boots. Access is just across from the trap range.
Posted: 13 Jan 2006 12:34 PM [PM]

Fawn
Currently Online Posts: 7
My understanding is a section of big piece on the noth side of RT80 is state owner and open for hunting. In fairfield I believe.
To hunt Big Piece you must be a Fairfield gun club member.To join that club you must be a Fairfield resident. I got this information from a guy in the clubhouse at the trap range on Horseneck road

·
Registered
432 Posts
approximately 5 years ago a conservation officer told me that the state did own a section of big piece that was open and had been signed. He also said that they( NJF and Game) had a problem with people that had been hunting the area ripping down the signs and telling peope the area was not open for public hunting. I never looked into it as I did not believe it worth the harassment I may receive from the locals/prior hunters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts