New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we wnnt to the stand on the west side of my farm. blew like crazy after an hour decided to pack up and go to the other side of the farm where the wind was not as bad. walkin to the stand i saw a doe about 150 yards away and the wind was perfect for us. well with my boy we stalked it down to 22 yards. it was great, everytime i stepped he did, everytime i stopped he did..it was awesome. i easily could have shot the deer but it was a smaller doe and told him we are gona let her get big and shoot her some other time. he was a bit dissapointed but its part of learning. im so proud of the kid hes gettin big quick.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
whether you shot it or not, that is a great memory [up][up]

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we were exactly where we tried for them birds at my farm in the meadow at the edge of that wood patch where they usually roost...

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and i dont know how excited i will be lol that means i will be older, grumpyer, and hes gona be out huntin me haha. for now i like huntin with my lil buddy

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's awesome. My son turns 4 next week. Too bad I can't spot and stalk in the parks.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
I tried that once with my son when he was about 2 1/2.

It doesn't go too well when you are making a stalk and the little voice next to you says "LOOK DADDY---THERE ONE IS!!!!"[hihi]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Too cool [up]

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Awesome[up]

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bareback i doubt im gona do any fall bird huntin. i wanta do a good duck hunt or two and do some rut huntin when that kicks in nov.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I tried that once with my son when he was about 2 1/2.

It doesn't go too well when you are making a stalk and the little voice next to you says "LOOK DADDY---THERE ONE IS!!!!"
Give him a year...mine's 3 1/2 and shocked the heck out of me on Sat. when we approached a field, "Dad let's find a deer....Quiet! Shhhh!"[ninja]

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Great story. My son's 3, and I can't wait to bring him with me. For now, we just scout together (which he thinks is "hunting"), but he can't stay out too long.

Does your 4 year old sit in the stand with you? He must be very patient.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Very cool. I cherish every second I can get my boys out with me. I just wish they wanted to participate a little more. They are a hit or miss. But i know I can not push this on them. so I take it easy on them. Congrats on a productive stalk with your Boy.[up]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts