New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im new to the site as well as hunting. Im 14 years old and for christmas my dad is taking me to the sportsmens center in Bordentown NJ located by trenton. Im just starting out in bow hunting and im getting my first bow for christmas. The guys at dicks sporting goods told me this is the best place for me to go because the guys there have 250+ bows and they probably are gonna have big sales soon. What im wondering is if there is a archery range in there so i can test out and pick the right bow for me. And also if anyone has any feedback on the place it would be a great help, thanks.

G

·
I never brought a bow there, I brought other stuff there. I hear great things about this store they do know there stuff, yes they have alot of bows to choose from, they have a range, they will do you right....happy holidays[up]

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
tell your dad that the sale is going on right now and buy it for you early .welcome to the site and i hope you get what you are looking for,its a nice place better than dicks glad the guy told you about it he saved you some money

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
JerseyMike,

First, welcome to the site. You'll find alot of helpful people here.

Ok, to answer your question. I bought my first bow at Sportsman's Center. They are EXTREMELY helpful. Ask to see Vinnie. He's the manager of the archery department. He'll get ask you all the important questions which need to be discussed. Ask to try a few different bows, which they'll setup for you. They did this for me. When you pick the bow, choose it by which one feels the most natural to you, irregardless of the price difference.

And yes, Sportsman's Center does have an indoor range upstairs. What I'd suggest is that you ask for one of the archery workers to take you there and help you begin tuning your bow. They will begin your development with your form and making sure you don't start with bad habits.

If you have any other questions, send me a shout.

David

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Vinnie Mancini runs the archery shop, he trained everyone in the archery dept. He was 2 or 3 times NJ state champ...and he's a helluva shot and a great coach, mentor, and proponent of the sport.

You can't go wrong. (although I will give a B+ to Pierre at Harry's Army/Navy right up the road!)

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Welcome,Sportsmen's Center is the place to go.They had a 10% off coupon for folks on their email list for tomorrow Mon 12/12 9am-1pm...

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
if you go to links tabs then the preferred customer card, it says something about an email sign in...not sure of thats what your talking about...

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
welcome to hunting rookie :) I bought a Mathews Icon from Sportsman Center a few years ago and they treated me great, but unlike you I'm not new to bowhunting and knew exactly what I wanted and do all my own tuning....but I do give them a [up] for ALL bow equip and tuning...good hunting

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Welcome to the site Mike. I bought my bow there as well. Great service. The folks in the archery department will take their time and set you up. They will custom fit your bow to your needs. You can get everything you need right there. Release, arrows, case etc... You take a few shots behind the counter so they can fine-tune your pins and sight. They have a few targets set at about 10-12 yds. Upstairs is a target range, though I've never been up there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts