New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I usually buy ammo from them but have purchase other stuff as well, gonna be closing on our house in the next week or 2 and i might buy 1-2 ladder stands from them.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Many a times and a mamber for years.

Recently bought a ladder stand (although the seat has their logo "Guide Gear" the stand was actually a Big Dog Tree Stand), haul ropes, cable locks. Over the years have bought boots, clothing, atv stuff, hunting accessories, tools, garden stuff, flashlights etc...

Never buy anything without making use of some kind of coupon, even if its $5 off of shipping.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
When the stand I ordered from SG came in I had some damage to the box from UPS. One of the ladders got bent and cushion was smashed. Sportsmans guide put me in direct contact with Big Dog Tree Stands so they are the manufactures of my particular stand. Again not the best out there but good product for the money. Big Dog also had great Customer service and super fast shipping sending me out replacement parts.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
I've bought 5 climbing sticks from sportsmans guide. The first 2 I bought were black in color and were very heavy, the last 3 were gray and are much lighter. Overall they are not bad but the lighter ones are lighter guage steel. I haven't bought any ijn a couple years so I don't know if they are the same ones as I have but for the money I've been happy with them.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
iv bought many odds and ends things from them, keeping in mind im not looking for the best. But overall iv been happy about most of the stuff, most noticeably the Exploding Scarecrows. They are awesome.

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
their stands arent the best in quality but for the price you cant beat them.
That is a scary statement [confusedagain] I have learned over the years YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN LIFE, I would much rather buy a proven quality product and spend the extra money, then save a few bucks and have to worry if my stand is gonna fall apart on me one day ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.