New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow hunters. I am attending a great fund raiser next Wed at the Archery Trade Association show in Ohio. One of the events there is called the Baldy awards, which raises much needed funds for Doctor Leonard who has been conducting some ground breaking research in curing cancer.

There will be some of the notable ladies in the outdoor industry getting their hair cut off in and effort to raise $$ for this great cause. Such ladies include Michele of Muzzy, Kandi of Whitetail Freaks, Vicky of Archers Choice and Nichole from Driven TV.

Anyway, I will be donating something special to raise $$ and thought that some here on NJH might want to help through a donation of whatever amount you can. So I am adding the link to Doc Leonard's site where you can donate. Please let them know you are from New Jersey Hunter and was sent there by Will Jimeno. It would be nice to let them know how many hunters we have here and how we as hunters make a difference [up][up][up]

Here is the link and I hope you can help. The event is next Wed in the evening so if you can give some by then it would be a blessing. Thanks to all those who will donate, you are making a difference in someone's life.

Here is the link:
http://www.aslcancerfund.org/

Thanks again and hope this will stay on the main board for a couple day:D

SS!

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Will,
It might make this a bit more attractive to some of the folks if this info was posted too.(Just trying to help out)

Your donations are 100% tax deductible. The ASL Cancer Research Fund tax ID# is 20-2924536.

Funds raised at the Arnold S. Leonard Cancer Research Fund are purposely dedicated to Fund #8203 of the Minnesota Medical Foundation which sponsors genetic research at the University of Minnesota Medical School.

All net proceeds support cancer research at the University of Minnesota.

Thank you for your support. We hope that we will be able to make an impact in the near future on this most dreadful disease: cancer.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jakesbeard for bringing that up[up][up][up][up][up][up] Also, Doc Leonard main funding is through the outdoor industry and hunters in general. So next time an anti says we are killers, let them know what we as outdoorsmen and women doe for cancer research.[up][up][up][up][up][up]

SS!

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks brother and so sorry to hear of your co-workers loss. I am letting Doc Leonard know that NJH is helping out. [up][up][up][up][up][up]

SS!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I've donated 8" previously and am growing my hair now to donate again in honor of my aunt who died of breast/brain cancer a year and a half ago. It's one of the easiest ways to make a difference if you aren't financially able to make a monetary donation. I digress, it's a great thing, and I wish we had some extra money but it's a tough time for us at the moment. But this is an incredible opportunity to contribute and help make a difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.