New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this sucks. I went to Sports Authority in Wayne on Friday afternoon to get shotgun shells for the pheasant opener. Well apparently they lost their license to sell firearms and ammunition. Fortunately my dad was able to get some for me. They had good prices on shells too. Now I have to find someplace closer to me for shells.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Stop by Dick's in Woodbridge mall to buy shells last week was there about 12 oclock the clerk told me I would have to come back at 4:00 PM to make my purchase. needless to say I hope they did not wait for my return. :D:D:D

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, but they had cheap shells. It was also the closest place to get shells for me. They also had cheap clothing. Good for something in a pinch.

However, everything else sucked. I got my bow from there and it cost me twice as much to have it set up by Davis's than it did for the bow.

B

·
0 Posts
when the wayne store 1st opened I worked there, I was 21 I think. I would tell people don't buy the bows here, go anywhere but here, and sometimes the same on certain guns

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
mpemt24=it cost me twice as much to have it set up by Davis's than it did for the bow
What the heal did you pay?, and what did they actually do? I gotta start a shop, sounds like you guys are getting hosed.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I went to Dick's last week for there sale. They were advertising 20gauge 00 for two bucks a box. I figured I would get them for Jr. The salesman told me they don't have them. There big shots say NJ is a slug state. I then asked, WHY ARE YOU GUY"S ADVERTISING IT THEN. I got the big dumb look. I picked up three boxes of Buckhammer. I don't know if the sale is still on. They have alot of good stuff.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What the heal did you pay?, and what did they actually do?
I paid a 120 for a Browing kit. They set the draw length, I got a couple arrows, and they claimed the rest was adjusted right.
I attempted to sight in the sight but something was off. I brought it to Davis and they put in a peep sight, new rest, got carbon arrows, and a release. Plus they charged me for labor. Cost me $200.
I did get hosed. On top of that I am left eyed dominant and right handed. I shot of 5 years right handed trying to make due. This year I got a used left handed bow and now shoot better.
I guess you live, you learn.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
A few months ago a Sports Authority employee who deals with the ammo & guns told me that Sports Authority has elimimated firearms and ammo sales across the board. Shortly afterward that department in the East Hanover store was gone.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
A few months ago a Sports Authority employee who deals with the ammo & guns told me that Sports Authority has elimimated firearms and ammo sales across the board. Shortly afterward that department in the East Hanover store was gone.
They have eliminated the hunting department down by me as well. Alot of big corp sporting good stores don't consider the shooting sports / hunting a sport at all. Don't know if you remember gaylans, but they used to sell pistols, dick's bought gaylans and said corp policy does not promote sale of pistols due to a pistol not being a hunting weapon and there aren't any uses of a pistol for sport. Someone should bring the idiot that wrote that policy to a glock match or an ipsc match.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
They din'd loose their license. My cousin was a manager for one of the stores (he quit) and he told me that they were doing away with all firearms and ammunition. Is because of all the paper work and bull [no swearing please] in the Republic of NJ. Only persons with FID could work behind the counter and they had to inventory and put all the guns and ammo in the safe every night. Wow is this state screw up or what. In pennsy. you buy the ammo right of the racks, and here they make you look like a criminal. We are the JOKE of the country.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts