New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be looking into getting a Mathews Switchback. Anyone know of good sport shop who sells them at a decent price? What would be a normal price range of these? i see them all over the web but at a varity of prices. Mathews won't allow their bows to be shipped. You need to by them at a local shop.

B

·
0 Posts
Targeteers has them for $699 as of last week, they had none in stock they have to order it for you. Robert the owner aka the archery wiz told me as soon as they come in guys are buying them. I was going to get one this summer, but then I booked a hunt for IOWA for November 2006, so after the new year I will get one. This bow fits me perfectly[up]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i took on a side consulting gig and i have some EXTRA cash laying around just for hunting stuff.:D

So i'm thinking about buying the the switchback plus other supplies.[up]

B

·
0 Posts
I would wait after the new year, as DRAG said, last year models at a cheaper price

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If you are gonna get the new bow for this season, I would have to say you better hurry. Hopefully you plan on using the old bow till you have the other one all ready.

You really dont want to be sighting it in, tuning it, checking broadhead flight 2 weeks before the season. Too stressfull, and not enough time to get used to the new bow.

An unwritten rule of sorts in bowhunting, is to not change a thing about your setup with less than 3 months till the season. (unless its an emergency---string breaks, limb cracks etc,)

It may sound silly, but you really do have to get to know your bow. Know it so well, you shoot it without thinking.[up] Thats the way I do most stuff...without thinking! LOL:D

I hope you dont take this post the wrong way. Just trying to help with future bow changes, and others thinking about the same thing.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope you dont take this post the wrong way
i didn't take it wrong at all. i'm still keeping my bow i have now and will shoot it till i feel real comfortable with a new one. I'm really not going to get out alot this bow season anyway...we have a baby due on sept 16th.

wojto - does your season start around Sept. 10th or October 1st?
i hunt zone 8 so it's the early season.

When you want it you want it !!!! Go and get one .
i totally agree.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts