New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is in Rockaway. Was made open to public fishing about three years ago. They allow car top boats with electric motors only i think. but they might not allow motors at all. i'm trying to find something that says the boating regs.

· Registered
610 Posts
If it's car topper only, get yourself a canoe or one of those little b [no swearing please] boats... check the local sporting goods places for them. Also, you may want to check ebay, I was recently looking and found a few in NJ that never sold or went pretty cheap ($400 for a 10 foot jon boat with oars, PFD's, etc.) I ended up buying mine from a guy in lebanon.

10,944 Posts
Ive been fishing there for around 20 years! It is awesome! I liked it better when it was not public! The haunted stories have been around for a long time! I have seen some wierd things there... I'll share some of them when I have more time!

· Registered
6,834 Posts
I was recently looking and found a few in NJ that never sold or went pretty cheap ($400 for a 10 foot jon boat with oars, PFD's, etc.) I ended up buying mine from a guy in lebanon
I have a 14 foot jon boat with a trailer for sale, with 2 Minn Kota electrics and a hummingbird fish finder. It's not fancy, and the fish finder is not mounted, you will have to do that. I haven't used it in years. The first $600.00 takes it.

· Registered
3,152 Posts
What are all the types of fish that are in there?

· Registered
5,797 Posts
Geez...I can't thank you guys enough for spilling the beans on one of the neatest places I know about in the outdoors in NJ[mad]

seriously though--I really think that hill is the last unpaved road in NJ..at least this part of NJ.

It sure is pretty up there.

10,944 Posts
I spent a great deal of my teens and early 20's at SplitRock! 4 wheel'en, Riding my quad, Fishing, Partying, swimming ect. ect... It's one of my favorite places on this big ol'rock called earth!
I liked it better when it was private! The garbage some of these slobs are leaving behind makes me sick![mad]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.