New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody fished the Split Rock Reservoir. I went once last year and caught some nice small mouth off the banks. I want to get a little boot in there to really do some fishing.

Tory

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is in Rockaway. Was made open to public fishing about three years ago. They allow car top boats with electric motors only i think. but they might not allow motors at all. i'm trying to find something that says the boating regs.

·
Registered
612 Posts
If it's car topper only, get yourself a canoe or one of those little b [no swearing please] boats... check the local sporting goods places for them. Also, you may want to check ebay, I was recently looking and found a few in NJ that never sold or went pretty cheap ($400 for a 10 foot jon boat with oars, PFD's, etc.) I ended up buying mine from a guy in lebanon.

·
11,226 Posts
Split Rock has no fish! Stay away from there. Never go there. I repeat there are no fish in there at all! You'll hate it there. I think it's haunted too! If you fish there you'll have 13 years bad luck!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funnny you say that JerseyJim. My father used to go there when he was kid, and said him and all his friends would say it was haunted.

·
11,226 Posts
Ive been fishing there for around 20 years! It is awesome! I liked it better when it was not public! The haunted stories have been around for a long time! I have seen some wierd things there... I'll share some of them when I have more time!

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I was recently looking and found a few in NJ that never sold or went pretty cheap ($400 for a 10 foot jon boat with oars, PFD's, etc.) I ended up buying mine from a guy in lebanon
I have a 14 foot jon boat with a trailer for sale, with 2 Minn Kota electrics and a hummingbird fish finder. It's not fancy, and the fish finder is not mounted, you will have to do that. I haven't used it in years. The first $600.00 takes it.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
What are all the types of fish that are in there?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I was chased out of there a time or two or three before it was public:D I saw my first wild eagle there while ice fishing a bunch of years ago.Awesome lake. Sorry Jim[smirk]

·
Registered
65 Posts
ToryJames. I have an 11' johnboat I'm looking to get rid of. New to this site and don't know how to pm you. If you can pm me I'll shoot you an email.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Geez...I can't thank you guys enough for spilling the beans on one of the neatest places I know about in the outdoors in NJ[mad]

seriously though--I really think that hill is the last unpaved road in NJ..at least this part of NJ.

It sure is pretty up there.

·
11,226 Posts
I spent a great deal of my teens and early 20's at SplitRock! 4 wheel'en, Riding my quad, Fishing, Partying, swimming ect. ect... It's one of my favorite places on this big ol'rock called earth!
I liked it better when it was private! The garbage some of these slobs are leaving behind makes me sick![mad]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts