New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the youth (that some members were kind enough to donate some gear too) had his first bow hunt yesterday afternoon, he didn't care it was raining, he was ready to rock. He got home from college late Friday night and we went over his gear. Saturday we went to a piece of private land with standing corn. Got a chair set up for him and in about 6 rows. Clipped some stalks and got him some shooting lanes. Two different groups of does came by yesterday afternoon, busted him both time BUT he had the adrenaline rush! He was gonna head back to school early today but was bitten by the bug! Back out at 5 am this morning, missed a doe, shot right under her. He had the rush, trembling etc the reason we hunt. Came out watched giants game and back out this afternoon. Some deer but no shots. 100% addicted. I'm very proud of him for his hard work and dedication. He missed due to the shakes, not his shooting ability. Bottom line is we have another bow hunter in our ranks and something tells me he will be doing less partying on the weekends at school and headed home for more bow hunting. I have never sacrificed opening weekend for anything. This was absolutely worth it!! Great experience.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Watching him get addicted was incredible. Very happy for him. He now has a life long activity to enjoy.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Nice job! Before I had kids of my own I was a member of the Big Brothers. I had a race car then and I think I helped out a few kids and taught them some auto mechanics too! Very rewarding! Congrats!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.