New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you see tonight's show on the Outdoor Channel call North American Whitetail? I happened to see these so called experts and was absolutely pissed that these retards get paid for a show like that.

The first guy took a shot at a buck and the deer immediately dropped in his tracks. He spined it. What a dipsh!t.

The second guy took a shot at a buck and completely missed. His next shot, was similar to the first guys. As you watched the shot you could see he hit the buck high and the deer drop. The arrow was still sticking in the buck.

Of course, what really got me was both of these monkeys sitting there all happy thinking they had a great shot. WHAT A CROCK!!! [mad][mad][mad]

David

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I am glad I didn't see it!

It is that type of Yahoo garbage that has turned me totally off to hunting programs. The last straw for me was a guy taking an [no swearing please] shot on a small buck at 15 yards and totally missing the deer. That was the last straw for me. Realtree and all the Monster Buck crap was hard enough to take but the [no swearing please] shot was the end all for me.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
I think the 2 best shows out there are Spirit of the Wild & Easton Bowhunting TV. These are 2 people that are really down to earth, and hunt like most everyone else.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I stopped watching most of those shows after Jackie "THE BUCKMASTER" Bushman shot a fine buck with a Texas heart shot, recorded in slow motion, and shown on national TV.

Idiot + money = not good. At least he didn't have a LOT of money and political aspirations. Then he could have been OUR governor

B

·
0 Posts
NORTH AMERICAN WHITETAIL is my favorite show. These guys hunt fair chase deer, they use the same equipment as we do, they show the misses, and screw ups. Ok so they spinned a deer with the arrow sticking out, thats reality, that happend to me this year with my 5 pointer, I had to climber down and put another arrow in him. NORTH AMERICAN WHITETAIL is on hell of a show, you need to see all the showes, I would love to hunt with OLD MAN POTTS, Greg Miller, and that other guy who always says "HELLO FOLKS" while in his treestand. One show I don't like is one with the father & son the FRITZGERALDS, they are so concided.

·
Registered
260 Posts
THE ONE GOOD THING ABOUT THE FITZGERALDS IS THAT THEY SHOW REAL HUNTING. THEY SHOT ALOT OF AVERAGE DEER ON THEIR SHOW. THEY ALSO DISCUSS DEER MANAGEMENT AND ALSO SHOW FOOTAGE OF HARVESTING DOES. NOT EVERYONE CAN SHOT MONSTER BUCKS ALL THE TIME OR HAVE THE MONEY TO DO SO.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I had said, it wasn't necessarily the fact that both of those guys made a bad shot, they didn't even acknowledge it. They pawned it off as if they made a good shot, which was total BS. No deer will drop dead in its tracks and fall immediately over from an arrow shot unless it's been spined. And to not even mention it on a hunting show, in my opinion is just plain wrong.

One of my biggest complaints with most hunting shows is the lack of post-shot analysis they all have. Very few shows will actually go and recap where the arrow/bullet hit as compared to where it was supposed to be. To me, that feature would make a show be worth its weight in gold.

David

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
True some of the hunts on these shows are stupid...Especially the ones where they're in the little elevated house usually in Texas.

I wish they would have more technical information about scouting and equipment. The equipment part could turn into an advertisment for various manufacturers.. I have my doubts about that also.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
NORTH AMERICAN WHITETAIL is my favorite show.
yeah, mine too. well, one of them anyway. they were hunting in illinois on that show. over the last 10 years that state has produced more b&c bucks than any other. sort of warrants a little resarch for a guided hunt[up]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts